New wheels on our Rogue, plus some good news

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
paulvanharte
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

Just got the wheels installed today. Just stayed with 17" rims so that I could use the stock tires. Also my dealer advised me replacement CVT is on order. It appears for those of us here in Canada the wait is over.

Paul

youngdustin
Car: 99 Altima

The wheels look great! And congrats on getting the new CVT.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Hey Paul that's great news, I'm happy things are finally getting taken care of for you! And the rims look great, nice pick.

Did you get any idea why your new tranny was finally approved now, when only a few weeks ago they told you that their hands were tied because "Nissan was aware of the problem and working on a fix"? Perhaps Nissan has got the problem clearly defined and narrowed down to defective parts within a specific time window?

I've got the rattle at 10 kph, but it isn't constant and I don't think it is as loud as yours, it just comes and goes as you press and release the throttle, but in my opinion the tranny isn't functioning properly and should be replaced, so perhaps my dealer will agree, right now they're waiting on Nissan Canada to approve......

minitrucker

WHAT THE USA? LOL

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I'm diggin' those wheels; sweet choice--looks great!

-Ed

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

Great to hear your probs will be fixed before the heart of winter hits..

Great wheels, makes your ride look that much better.

paulvanharte

Thanks for the comments. I had to get the approval of the finance department first( the wife !!) but she really likes these wheels. They just make the car a bit more sporty looking.Now just waiting for the CVT and I will be a happy camper. Due to circumstances I have had to use several rental cars in the last few months, but I will tell you the Rogue has them beat by a mile.

Paul

AznJohn22
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

did you install the wind deflector yourself?

zdefonte

Just curious as to why you put the stock tires back. I am itching to change the tires, but the missus is in disapproval. Great looking Rogue, btw, we have the same color

paulvanharte

Yes I installed it myself.

I will stick with the stock tires just for the summer season. I will get some Toyo winter tires and stick them on the original rims. Once the Conti's wear out I will get some good summer tires.

Paul

AznJohn22

can you take a picture where you put the clips?? i tried reading the instruction a couple of time but kinda confusing. thanks!

Roguemeister

Very nice wheels Paul! Where did you get them? I don't have a problem with my CVT but I am curious... which Nissan dealer are you with?

paulvanharte

Got the wheels at the Tirecraft location Stony Plain Road. Nice guys to deal with. I deal with Sherwood Nissan in Sherwood Park, since I know the service manager.

Paul

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Do you mean the clips on the bug deflector?

AznJohn22

cdmuile wrote:Do you mean the clips on the bug deflector?
The wind deflector on the moon roof. I bought it awhile back from CourtesyParts but the instruction sucks. I don't know where to place the clips on the side of the moon roof. Thanks!

Roguemeister

Another question Paul.... where did you get the bug deflector? install it yourself? If so, pretty easy?

Thanks,

Fred

Return to “Rogue Forum”