New wheel and tire setup

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jgenova12
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue

Hey everyone,
I am new to this forum and wanted to say hello before I asked any questions. I have recently purchased a 2020 Nissan Rogue. It is as base as it gets, it is below an S Im pretty sure. I just wanted to get the cheapest daily driver I could find and found this one with 4000 miles for a killer deal I could not refuse. I just got finished installing a remote start kit and have been loving dairying it ever since. I do live in new york city and have been in the middle of a snow storm for the past few days. The car has handled exceptionally well on the stock tire but I love to improve with every year on stuff like that. I am thinking about putting a ko2 all terrain on it but have been having issue finding a c rated 225 65r16. Im not even sure If the tire comes in that size let alone load c rated. If it comes down to it I will buy 17in wheels and just get the load d rated. Pretty solid chance I might buy 17 in wheels regardless but keep it at oem spec as if it was a higher model such as a SV because why not lol. Anyways I guess the main question is do they make ko2 for my factory tire size in a load c rating or should I just get a 17in wheel setup and get the d rated tires and deal with it when I really prefer the c rated.
Thank you and I look forward to speaking with all of you on this forum!!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

A good starting point: https://www.tirerack.com

Lone Wolff
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 5.4L
2010 Ford Fusion SEL

I am not a tire expert by any means but most true AT tires like the KO2 will not be available with that little of sidewall. A lot of older trucks with 16" wheels so there should be some tires available but those generally will have more sidewall and may not fit in the wheel wells without a small (2-3") lift. A good tire store can probably order you something in a size that will work without rubbing or lifting anything when full turning, but you may only have a couple options and they could be pricey if they are a low production run due to odd size for that type of tire.

A better alternative might be to look for a dedicated snow tire/wheel setup. You can go with 16" or 17 that route and have a lot more options.

jgenova12
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue

Thank you for your replies!!! I was convinced to get Goodyear assurance weather ready tires as it will be better suited for me. I see a lot of mixed reviews on the tire and hope that I will be on the positive end. It is supposed to snow next week in nyc and I hope to test them out. If they are not up to my standards I will def swap them out and go ahead with an all terrain of any sort but I will post some updates here. Thanks Again!!!!

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

jgenova12 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:25 pm
Thank you for your replies!!! I was convinced to get Goodyear assurance weather ready tires as it will be better suited for me. I see a lot of mixed reviews on the tire and hope that I will be on the positive end. It is supposed to snow next week in nyc and I hope to test them out. If they are not up to my standards I will def swap them out and go ahead with an all terrain of any sort but I will post some updates here. Thanks Again!!!!
I am running Goodyear Assurance Maxlife on my daily driver. Great tires, and goodyear overall makes tires that are quiet.

Lone Wolff
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 5.4L
2010 Ford Fusion SEL

We have Assurance Maxlife on our 2015 Rogue. We got 15" of snow on 1/25. We live on gravel road just about 1/2 mile off pavement and the wife had no issues at all driving home from work that afternoon when we had about 9-10" of unplowed snow on our road. Not sure what the real world differences are between the Weather Ready and the Maxlife, but we are happy with what we have.

Return to “Rogue Forum”