New Versa Owner

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
NewVersaOwner13
Car: 13 Nissan Versa

HI ALL!

I'm brand new to this forum and I've owned my Versa for almost 3 weeks and has 36,000 miles. I have some questions

1-How reliable is the 2013 Versa?
2-Is there a reason I keep reading online Versa's have engine problems?
3-Should I be afraid to turn on my air conditioner? It kinda jerks when I have it on and I'm at a stop light?
4-I would love to buy a stereo for it, is there any one better for it than others?
5-Should I be afraid to drive it distances?

Thank you in advance! :wavey:

Tacuvito
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

Welcome,
What Versa did you get; the hatchback, the sedan, or the Note? What size engine, 1.6 or 1.8? I only have info about my car, which is a 6 speed SL from 2007 with the 1.8. The car currently has 101,438 miles and I have only had one issue with the car: the fuel line would expand and lose pressure. This was when the car was brand new and it was covered by the warranty.

I was taking a gamble when I bought the car since it was the first year it came out, but I don't regret my decision. The car has been super dependable. My only complaint is the current rattle that I am hearing in the cabin, somewhere between the passenger firewall and the dashboard. Also, the fit kit for my Thule roof rack never fit well. If you have the hatchback, and you are getting a roof rack for it get a Yakima, I hear those fit much better than Thule.

I have never had a problem with the A/C when idling. I have an issue with my idle when I roll up all of my windows at the same time, but the dealer and many in the forum had mentioned that this is normal. Every time that I am idling and I roll up all the windows, the engine rpms drop while the windows are rolling up.

What is wrong with your radio? I have the stock 6 cd radio and love it. I don't play CD in my car; I only use the AUX line and hook my IPOD Classic to it. I still have the stock speakers and I think they sound great. My advice, use that money and get some great floor mats. I suggest WeatherTech. They fit great and will save your carpet from and Big Gulp spills. These mats make cleaning the cabin easier.

You said that you just bought the car, so make sure you drive it, take a trip somewhere and see if there are any mechanical issues that the dealer needs to address. Your car should have some kind of limited warranty if you got it from a reputable dealer; any issues should be discovered now, not six months from now when the limited warranty has expired.

NewVersaOwner13
Car: 13 Nissan Versa

I got the Sedan 1.6 The Versa SV. The only thing wrong with my radio is it's just simple.

txchamps
Car: 2015 Versa Note SV, 2023 Kia Rio S

NewVersaOwner13 wrote:HI ALL!

I'm brand new to this forum and I've owned my Versa for almost 3 weeks and has 36,000 miles. I have some questions

1-How reliable is the 2013 Versa?
2-Is there a reason I keep reading online Versa's have engine problems?
3-Should I be afraid to turn on my air conditioner? It kinda jerks when I have it on and I'm at a stop light?
4-I would love to buy a stereo for it, is there any one better for it than others?
5-Should I be afraid to drive it distances?

Thank you in advance! :wavey:
Are you experiencing some issues with the car right now that are causing you to doubt its reliability?

There were some 130,000 versas sold in NA in 2013. On the NHTSA website (http://www.nhtsa.gov/) there were a total of 34 complaints (a very small number) and only 2 of them were engine related. I have checked a number of other sites and found a few engine complaints, but this is nothing compared to many other makes that I have researched. I don't know what you saw online -- perhaps you could provide us with some links. In my opinion the car is quite reliable, and certainly roadworthy enough for long jaunts.

About your AC. I have noticed that my car makes a quite audible sound when the compressor starts -- I have not noticed it making the car itself jerk. If it is actually causing your car to lurch forward, I would have it looked at. Did you purchase a service contract/extended warranty?

I know nothing about stereos, but there are folks on this forum who do. I'm sure they will chime in with their favorite units.

Happy driving!

Return to “Versa General Chat”