new to vq and nissan engines... hear me out

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
boostjunkie2120
Car: Soon to be G35 owner

Ok so im going to be trading up my wrx with a blown engine for a 07 G35 with a blown engine. Sounds crazy right? Not for me. Ive built that motor myself to make 500+ whp once and had two different shops do it as well and ive come to the conclusion that subarus just arent meant to handle that kind of power and be a reliable dd. An engine of that caliber is a 12-15k build and I just dont have it in me to drop that kind of dough again and not have a flawless beast.

ive seen the vq be more reliable at 450 than any ej at 400+. So I start looking into it and I feel I wanna go with a 400-500 hp vq build.

That said I am in dire need to find out who the leading builders are in the VQ world. Ive never modded a nissan in my life nor known anayone who has, so any pointers are going to be huge help.

Are these engines as picky as EJ engines?
Am I being unrealistic here?

HELP

/rant

boostjunkie2120

60 views and not a single response? Oh boy this isnt looking good already :-/

boostjunkie2120

Well f*** you too then jerkoffs... I guess im not trading my car if this is how the forums are. Definitely the WORST forum in the world. At least with the subaru forums people would help...

boostjunkie2120

Well I can clearly see theres no knowledge here. Im moving along to another forum this place is crap. I feel bad for anyone who is a member of this site. Clearly you guys arent helpful or knowledgeable. Its a wonder this forum even survived

fat3oy
Car: 07 M35X, 06 350z, 06 RSX, 99 Dajiban

Lol... I've never ventured down to this forum...

Go to my350z.com for good VQ help (the forum members can be d!ck to new guys, but there is a ton of information. G35driver.com is equally good.

There are a ton of shops that do good VQ work. Where are you located? Maybe there is one close by.

I agree with you on the ej motors vs the vq motors but there are flaws and pluses on each... You'll dig the G35... dont let a dustbowl of a forum scare ya out of it.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

WOW, you would have had more response posting in the G section, or even the 350z section but here we are now.

The VQ35 can handle 400 ish whp without internal work, beyond that it's time to dig in and open the wallet, forged performance, Z1, and a number of other Z specialty shops have a full catalog or parts and labor to get you all the power you can afford.

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”