new to this

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
Nobodysful
Car: 1989 nissan 240sx coupe

i recently bought an 89 240sx, that i would like to upgrade drift style but have no clue where to start. if u have any ideas or suggestions they would b much appreciated!!!

Otto.

Focus on suspension and brakes first. Eventually do some mild drivetrain and engine modifications.

Don't focus on anything unnecessary like a body kit or anything.

Welcome to NICO, by the way. :) Post some pictures of the 240 if you have them.

jdmxpress
Car: 93 s13, red top sr20det
91 s13 (build in progress)

also you may want to invest in a j30 lsd as it is a direct bolt in, if you get a 6 bolt. but a welded diff is alot easier but sucks for daily driving lol :( welcome to the boards man

Nobodysful
Car: 1989 nissan 240sx coupe

thanx fellas! will definitely post pix asap! wat is a good suspension 2 start with?
y would welding my current dif suck for everyday driving? wat kind of effects would it have?

jdmxpress
Car: 93 s13, red top sr20det
91 s13 (build in progress)

well it causes both wheels to spin all the time, where a lsd only locks up the other wheel when the drive wheel loses traction. so with the welded diff when you take turns slow (like in a parking lot or stop light) its real jurky and the back kinda pushes out. when you had a open diff or lsd and turn your inside wheel turns faster than your outside wheel, well make them both turn at the same time = suck. lol i have been dailying mine for a few months and hate it,

Airock1
Car: 1991 240sx KA24de

I'm pretty new to this as well, just made my account on here. I'm hopefully going to do my first drift event on the 21st of November in Mineral Wells. I've got a 91 240 KA24de that's all stock other than cold air, and cat back apexi exhaust. I was thinking all i really need is tires and posi rear end. Now my question is, I know they have lockers for 4X4's. Is it possible to get a diff lock for my 240, its a daily driver so i'd rather not go through the daily hassles of a posi rear end.

wannaslide
Car: r32 skyline

locked diffs also sound real clunky like s*** going to break haha witch also gets annoying .and Nobodysful maybe go some height and damper adjustable suspension to stiffen it up abit ,witch will make less body roll .

also if you have hicas you might want to get a lock out bar :dblthumb:

Joe

wannaslide wrote:locked diffs also sound real clunky like s*** going to break haha witch also gets annoying .and Nobodysful maybe go some height and damper adjustable suspension to stiffen it up abit ,witch will make less body roll .

also if you have hicas you might want to get a lock out bar :dblthumb:

CLUTCH diffs are clunky, locked ones just provide a tire chirp provided there arent any loose pieces in the rear end.

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”