New to the forums...and questions regarding my FX35

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Oneleo1
Car: 2006 FX35 AWD

Hi!

I am new here so bear with me as I learn a bit

I leased a 2006 Murano for a while and loved it. When the lease ended, I wanted something a little more powerful that was equally great in the snow. So now I drive a 2006 FX35 AWD after researching just about every cross over available in my price range. It's been a great ride, and lots of fun to drive. I simply love it.

I am a chicken when it comes to snowy roads, and oddly enough I am a native to Colorado and am currently in Parker, CO.

So getting to my point here - I am wondering about my 2006 FX35's AWD system. Through my research, I am certain it has AWD (the AWD light is there when I turn the vehicle on, and it has the snow button). But I am wondering if the AWD system is working?!?

I have had the vehicle for 8 months now *bought it end of June 09), 3 of which I have been lucky enough to drive it in the snow. But I have never once had the AWD light come on while I am driving in the snow, even with the snow button on.

I've had the slip light come on a few times, and hubby says that when he has had it come on, the vehicle is very easy to handle because it just sticks to the road kind of like a cat with it's claws in the carpet when you are roughing the cat up (we are cat owners...hence the description).

So how do I know if the AWD is working or not?!?

Thoughts?

chemao
Car: 2019 Tesla Model 3 - preordered
1997V2 AM General H1 with 6.6L Duramax (LML) running biodiesel swap
2015 Lexus CT200H
2003 Hummer H2 with 6.5L Detroit Turbodiesel swap

I have an 03 FX45 and there is a switch on the left that locks the 4WD. If you have that switch on, it locks the vehicle in 4WD. A light will come on informing you of such, and you'll tell because when turning, the vehicle will seem to shudder a bit. This is normal, and indicates all wheels are turning at the same time. When the switch is off, it operates in AWD mode, which means it uses the rear wheels until there is traction loss. At that time, the traction light will come on and power is transferred to the wheels with the most traction, including the fronts. I hope this helps!

Oneleo1
Car: 2006 FX35 AWD

I thought they moved away from the AWD switches in the 2006 models?

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”