New to the forum - question about CD downloaded to the Music Box

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
martigen
Car: Infiniti EX 35 AWD Journey

Hello, im new to the forum, i just purchased my EX 3 days ago, im so excited, i still feel like a kid on x-mas morning. Anyways, i tried to download my first CD this morning and the Gracenote was unable to find the CD info, so i had to type it in, however i dont know how to type in the CD title, can anyone help me please?

Thanks!!

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Welcome to our little group of EX enthusiasts!

To answer your question:a. Select the Music Box audio functionb. Press the Menu soft key (to the left of Text)c. Scroll down to the second page where you will see the Edit Albums function; select itd. Choose your album, then you'll be able to edit the information.

HTH,David

martigen

That i know, i already edited the song/artist info, what i need to edit is the "album title", how do i do this

dividedhighw

martigen wrote:That i know, i already edited the song/artist info, what i need to edit is the "album title", how do i do this
Hmm, here's what I see in my car ... If I follow the instructions I posted previously, once I select an album name at step d., the top two menu options are:Edit Album Info.Edit Track Info.

Selecting the first option results in the following display:Album Name <name>Artist Name <name>Category <name>

Selecting one of these allows that item to be edited. The "album title" you wish to edit is the first item.

A couple things to note (don't know if either makes any difference):1. I did this while a song was playing.2. I have the Navigation option.

This works for me and that's all I know. If it doesn't work for you, perhaps someone without the Nav option can chime in.

Cheers,David

martigen

I'll try again, and yes i have th Nav system.Another question, is it possible to download tracks from the compact flash card?

Riker2k
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

You mean "record" tracks from the CF card onto the Music Box? If so, no, at least I've had no success doing so.

You can get the track information for unknown albums copied into the Music Box, copy it onto a CF card and then use the utility on the Infiniti website to try and retrieve the information from the online Gracenote DB.

Hope that helps.

Colin

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Riker2k wrote:You mean "record" tracks from the CF card onto the Music Box? If so, no, at least I've had no success doing so.

You can get the track information for unknown albums copied into the Music Box, copy it onto a CF card and then use the utility on the Infiniti website to try and retrieve the information from the online Gracenote DB.

Hope that helps.

Colin
Correct! You CANNOT record tracks from the CFC to the Music Box, and you can update Gracenote by using your CFC.

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

Which is the dumbest thing ever. If infiniti is worried about illegal downloads on the CFC, that is a personal problem, not Infiniti's.

pattistl
Car: 2008 QX 56

Hello, Im new here but this issue haunts me. Almost every cd I record into musicbox does not have song titles. It takes forever when you burn many cd's into it to type all the info in. Is this common? I already have it on gracenote or whatever - I have tried it both ways and never do my song titles/cd title show up. Any suggestions? It is going to be my "smash"box soon!

dividedhighw

Sorry, Patti ... can't help you. Every CD I've put in has been recognized except for the ones I've burned myself.

In any case, welcome to our EX group and I hope you stick around and share more of your experiences - even if you do have a QX56!

Cheers,David

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”