New to the forum -- considering FX35 for family/util suv

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Jamal Saleh
Car: Mercedes c230 Kompressor 4 dr sport edit.

I am considering a 2004-2007 fx35 to replace my mercedes sedan -- how is this car on trunk room and room for one or two children in the back seat? Also, I am looking for mileage and comfortability regarding long haul trips with the family. Thanks for any info.

Lynn, MA

Socaldiablo
Car: 2004 Infiniti QX56 - Black on Willow
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Black on Black
2006 Ducati ST3
2008 Kawasaki KLX450r

The cargo areas are fairly roomy but there is not a whole heck of a lot of room in the backseats. I have 2 young children, one nearly 5 years old and the other a baby, and we took a short trip to Big Bear (from LA) in our FX45 and the four of us (me, wife, 2 kids) and our bags packed for a long weekend made it pretty tight. I'm a decent sized person (6' tall) and typically have the driver seat as far back as it will go. Well, my 5 y/o son was sitting behind me and for him to have some room, I had to move the seat closer to the steering, which made it more tight for me. We also have a QX56 and obviously, that truck has much more room so we typically take that on trips. Mileage wise, the V8 in my FX45 is not all that fuel efficient but the FX35 with the V6 has got to be better. From a comfort standpoint, they are comfortable. It will probably be a pretty decent difference in ride quality from your Benz sedan, though. Mine has a sporty ride ....i.e. hugs the road well but you feel every bump. Mine also has 20" wheels so that doesn't help the ride quality. Your Benz sedan is probably like riding on a cloud and the FXs don't ride like that. You'll surely want to test drive one first to get an actual sense of the room and ride quality. Otherwise, they are great vehicles. Mine is extremely dependable.

Jamal Saleh

Awesome reply. Although my sedan is pretty rough as I lowered the front with aggressive shocks and have 18" sport tims on it. I am still considering other SUVs but I think I have to take a FX35 for a ride sometime soon.

Jamal M. Saleh
Lynn, MA

Jamal Saleh

On another note what things should I look for when test driving a used fx35? Any particular issues or major recalls I should mention?

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”