New to the forum and Datsun

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
cooke
Car: 1971 Lotus Europa

I thought I might start my search for a 720 pickup here. I have a full size GMC that I needed for work but I am selling it to get a smaller truck as I dont need something that large and will not be towing a 24 foot enclosed trailer anymore.

I like the look of the 720 and older models as well. I would be looking for a rust free or minimal rust so I doubt I will find one here in New England. If anyone in dryer warmer climates knows of one for sale or would be willing to take a look at one if I find one that would be appreciated.
Are there any good clubs for older Datsun pickups?

Thanks,
Martin

baseballguru44
Car: 1985 Nissan 720 King Cab ST 4x4

Welcome!

I'm down in Georgia, and 720's are almost non-existent down here. I think I've seen one in person, other than mine.

If you're up in New England, you'll have quite the time finding one, let alone one without rust. They're getting rare on the east coast. I watch eBay and Craiglists across the country, and it really depends on what you're looking for. 2WD trucks come up for sale more often, but I have seen some nice 4x4's, usually between $2500-4500. If you're willing to pick one up from Oregon, Nevada, New Mexico, someplace like that, I don't think you'd have too hard a time finding one with little to no rust and lower miles.

Check out 720 World and Ratsun forums. Some other great places for inquiries.

JustGuy
Car: 1981 Datsun 720

I have a Datsun 720 pickup I'll sell, it's been converted to a flatbed and had the engine rebuild. Very little rust on frame I've ground all the frame and por-15 treated the frame and under the body. Body has a a few rust holes in the body runs drives reliable. Some gemlins with electrical but I'm confident it's a loose ground somewhere. Be happy to give it to someone who would like to take care of it.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

JustGuy: Welcome!! :)

Return to “Datsun 720”