New to the EX35 Forum

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
CaribMon71
Car: 2009 FX50 Sport

Previous Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

Hello, everyone! I'm new to this forum. I just sold my Lexus IS 250 in order to purchase an EX35, which I think will address my needs to the Tee in terms of size, function, looks and performance.

I currently live in Puerto Rico, but I will be transferring to the DC area in late August. I will probably pick up my new EX35 there (3% VA sales tax!... so I'm told, and fantastic pricing).

In the meantime, there are a few questions I have about the vehicle. I will be asking those soon.

I've been a member of forums for the following makes: Toyota (2000 Celica GT-S), VW (2003 GTI 1.8T), Ducati (1999 996), VW (2004 Touareg V8). From previous experience, there is usually at least one member who is considered the ultimate guru for the particular vehicle, or one of its systems (suspension, electronics, engine). Whom might that person be in this forum?

Also, I've noticed you guys post much less photos than all the other forums I've been on. It would be nice to see many more pics up!

Looking forward to joining the family!

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Welcome to our corner of the Internet!
CaribMon71 wrote:From previous experience, there is usually at least one member who is considered the ultimate guru for the particular vehicle, or one of its systems (suspension, electronics, engine). Whom might that person be in this forum?
Well, I'm the newly-inducted moderator in this forum, but definitely no guru or systems expert. As the EX is a fledgling model to Infiniti, I'm confident those who are will become apparent in time. Meanwhile, I think you will find some very friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic members here!
CaribMon71 wrote:In the meantime, there are a few questions I have about the vehicle. I will be asking those soon.
Yes, by all means, share your discoveries, questions and concerns with all of us!!
CaribMon71 wrote:Also, I've noticed you guys post much less photos than all the other forums I've been on. It would be nice to see many more pics up!
Are there any specific pics you're looking for? Again, since the EX is quite new, customized ones aren't that common yet.

Cheers,David

CaribMon71
Car: 2009 FX50 Sport

Previous Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

Thanks for the welcome!

papasride
Car: Liquid Silver EX35

Hi,

I am also new to forum. Actually new to the infiniti brand as well. All signs pointed to not purchasing a vehicle with questionable gas mileage, a slowing economy, and big price tag...but in all honesty, I simply wanted one. Just wanted to say hello and thank you all for letting me participate. I've learned a lot of cool stuff so far!

mc

dividedhighw

Great to have you on-board, papasride!!

This is my first Infiniti as well, but having come from Audi, I must say I'm particularly impressed with the EX's technology, refinement and value for money.

The gas mileage isn't bad for a ~300hp car and will only get better as the engine breaks in. Most of my cars got about 10% to 12% better mileage once they reached around 10K to 12K miles, although some people report improvements of 15% or more. I've also found that being able to use regular grade (instead of premium) saves me 10% (in Canada), so overall, the mileage hasn't been an issue for me.

As for the "big price tag", even though Canadian pricing and discounts on the EX don't even come close to what US residents enjoy, it's still good value for us, based on its features/content and the pricing Canadians endure on competitive vehicles!!

Hope to see you here often!

Cheers,David

atatat
Car: 2008 Infinity EX35

Hi All

I have a tidewater ex35 & I love the way it drives.

dividedhighw

Welcome, atatat!

papasride
Car: Liquid Silver EX35

Thanks for the welcome!

I was totally eyeing the A3, loved the feel on driving it, but honestly...it just didn't seem to have the styling or gadgets I wanted. The A3 navigation was questionable and appeared to be more of an after-thought. Plus, I was just worried about reliability all together...my best friend is a BMW mechanic and literally admits that you won't find a better engine than a japanese car. They are just superior. But maybe he's just bitter at his company.

Looking forward to participating!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”