New to the convert

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
Andrew300zx
Car: s13 FB

Hey everyone, You may have seen my classified post about trying to sell or trade my porsche 944 for a nissan- well someone locally has offered me a 92 240 convertible.I am excited about the prospect, but am having trouble finding some convertible specific information- ie difference between the years, between the coupes and converts., power, weight, weight ratio etc? (dont even know if they are power tops?)If this is somewhere obvious, I apologize- i must be lookin in the wrong placesAnyone race these in SCCA solo II events? I know rigidity would be an obvious problem but wondering if anyone does itThe car I am looking at started life as an automatic and was recently converted to manual- I have yet to see it but was wondering if this could prove to be problemsome or unreliable in the future.Its got almost 120k miles on it, that means that timing belt is coming up soon like it would have for my Z right?Thanx in advance for any help

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

If you do some searching in this particular forum, you'll find a lot of information that will be useful.

Here's the options listing comparing the vert to the coupe and fastback

http://www.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=86422

I compete in Solo II and do fairly well given my inexperience in auto-x. I place well into the top 20 out of a group of 50+ cars. Given that this is my first season racing, and I missed almost every summer event, that's not bad.

My friend, who has had more years racing than I've had life, can almost take FTD with my car.

If the timing chain hasn't been changed out, it will need it soon. Most chains last about 100k miles before they stretch.

Andrew300zx

Thanx for the help- saw your sig in almost every thred i read and was more impressed everytime- very very nice- great looking engine bay too

Hijacker
'94 F-150

thanks! it's dirty as all get out right now. I need to steam clean it out before winter sets in

Andrew300zx

I'm just curious- you do the engine swap yourself? There seem to be no shortage of shops specializing in it now- you really steam clean the outside of your car? never heard of that

Hijacker
'94 F-150

i steam clean the engine bay.

i bought the car with the SR already in it. The guy who sold it to me does swaps locally in my area. Since then, I've been learning his tricks for swapping and have been helping him do quite a few swaps. We just sold a red convertible with an SR in it to a guy out in Missouri.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”