New to Nissan - looking at RHD Fairlady Z TT

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
vtothej
Car: 2011 Audi S4
2007 Lotus Exige S

Hello all. Currently shopping for a RHD car, and the Fairlady Z twin turbo interests me. I have been doing a lot of reading on it, and it seems it is very difficult to work on due to the cramped engine bay. Is this true? The 1993 I am looking at has around 58K miles and is bone stock. The turbos, head gasket, and clutch were replaced recently. What else should I look out for? I did find threads with random issues with the car but figured I'd ask. I did read the thread on here 'everything you need to know about the Z32.'

Thanks, y'all. :bigthumb:

97 fairlady z
Car: 97 Fairlady 300ZX RHD from Japan

Timing belt, or you'll end up with a LS swap like me xD

DevilZ32
Car: 1992 Fairlady Z (Z32) TT
1994 BMW E36 325i (currently doing an S50b30 swap)

Hey vtothej, I currently own a 1992 Fairlady Z twin turbo. I love it, and she hasn't given me any problems. You do have to do basic maintenance but that's easy enough. The Z32's engine bay isn't small, the engine is quite large and due to that, some places are inaccessible. I know pulling the engine out can be a hassle but that's for large upgrades like turbos. The engine bay problem hasn't really annoyed me, and I think most Z32 enthusiasts will say the same due to our love for the car. I think you'll develop that love instantly and won't be too annoyed with the engine bay "problem". Will you be buying the car from Japan and importing it to your location? If so, what importer are you using and which auction house are you buying from?

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”