New to NICO! Question about my cube...

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
acerbicallyspeaking
Car: '09 Nissan Cube

Hi, I'm new to NICO, but I've been watching you guys since I got my Cube last August.. I have a question for you car Gods.
My tire pressure light has been on for about a week now..
(I'm a girl, but I'm not stupid, I've checked my tire pressure..[I know, it's surprising I know how to do anything but make a sandwich] and that isn't the problem.)
Not ONLY have I checked it myself, I know women are stupid sometimes, especially when we aren't making sandwiches, so I went to my tire guy and got him to check it as well. He says nothing is wrong (I guess this means I'm semi-intelligent) and it might just be a bad sensor.
Instead of going to the stealership and asking them (You all know the wait there is ridiculous) I decided to ask you guys what you think, first.

Give me your opinions, oh wise ones. :ohno:

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

First, welcome aboard.

Second, not only do we have a lot of female members here, but quite a few know cars very well... so we may be a little less likely to dismiss your knowledge.

With that said, it sounds like your initial assessment is spot-on. As long as your external readings (with an accurate gauge) are equal and correct, then you have a TPMS issue. Should be under warranty, so make sure they swap it out when you drop it off for its next oil change.

Now, about that sandwich... ;)

acerbicallyspeaking

Thank you :)

Yes, yes, what kind of sandwich would you prefer??

Oil Change? Stealership? Did you bump your head?

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

your stealership didn't give you any free oil changes?

acerbicallyspeaking

yes, but I've obviously used them all. I drive...often... theres over 15000 miles on my Cube already.

Heavy Metal Doctor

acerbicallyspeaking wrote: Oil Change? Stealership? Did you bump your head?
:chuckle:

I, too, got the free oil change deal.....I got it done once before realizing the dealer is using crap supplies for the job - not even a Nissan filter......I've been doing them myself in ten minutes ratehr than waste the couple of hours to take the car in and wait.....

jyroflux
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL

I had a problem once with the TPMS system. I asked the dealership about it and they said rapid temperature changes could give false alarms and then they tried to get me to switch to nitrogen instead of air. I passed. The problem never re-occurred, but the TPMS nuts on all the tires were replaced along with the rear door handles via recall several months back.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Don't believe the dealers crap about the TPMS problems being due to temp changes, some Rogue owners have had the same experiences and if temperature was the cause then all owners would experience this across the board but thats just not the case. I live in Alberta, CAnada and we've had the coldest 2 winters that I can remember, consistently below -30 deg C for extended periods and my TPMS lights have never turned on even once.

So there has to be a defect, something manufactured or calibrated out of spec - either way, this is not the way the system should work and you should insist that it is fixed under warranty if they give you hassle or try to weasle out of helping you. Trust me, Nissan would not design a system that gives false readings every time the temp fluctuates, because that would completely defeat the purpose of the TPMS system and is just plain annoying! Don't settle for this.

Also, I love my dealer and wouldn't get oil changes anywhere else. They're cheapest by a couple bucks, and always do a thorough check for free (basically give me the 90 dollar "check everything" package for 42). And if they notice any warranty items they're sure to let me know and fix it right away - while under warranty you want to catch all problems rather than finding them after warranty runs out - just my opinion, of course this depends on how good the dealer is in your area.

randode

check the air in the spare...

Return to “Cube Forum”