New to Group! Have 94 vert!

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
pizza914
Car: golf & cars

Howdy people. I just reaquired my 94 vert from my father in law. I also have a 92 coupe. Bought the coupe for a parts car but it runs & drives too. I have a few questions the 5speed swap being one but I see it answered allready. Keep in mind I am mechanically inclined but have not done a lot of in depth work other than your basics. I have pulled an engine before but that was in my Porsche 914. 1. I would like to get the engine rebuilt in my 92 & juice it up a bit to go into the 94. Are there some simple things that aren't to expensive while it's out? 2. Anyone in Eugene Oregon area & know of a good shop?3. My rack & pinion is messed up in the vert. Should I pull the one of the 92 or just get a rebuilt one? 4. I also need to replace the struts? Is this difficult?5. My plastic window needs replaced? Good place to have it done?6. Any other suggestions are appreciatedThanks in advance

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

welcome to the club! again i suppose

1: if you want to juice it up a bit, I would suggest upping the compression up a slight bit. or if you prefer turbo goodness, lowering the compression (up or down, I would recommend forged internals) and adding a turbo kit.

3: just take the rack off of the coupe if you don't care about it. steering racks are expensive and they generally don't go bad, so the one off of the parts car will be good.

4: struts are easy on our cars. Just plan on busting a few knuckles on the rear struts. You'll find that gear wrenches will help you immensely in getting at the top hat nuts.

5: any decent upholstery or auto convertible top shop should be able to cut out the rear window and replace it.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”