new to datsuns with a 71 510 wagon

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
Dylan (Flacco)
Car: 1971 Datsun 510 Wagon

i bought a 71 datsun 510 wagon back in october and have little idea to what the previous owner did to it. now that it comes to maintaining it... we ran into some problems. the guy said the tanny was off of a 240z. the year i dont kno. the problem is that i cant find the oil fill hole and i REALLY want to change it. could anyone help me?. its my first car and luckily i found the one i wanted. i REALLY wanted a dato for my first. its in good condition and runs like a boss... but i kno little about it and need some help please

L20turbo
Car: 72 Datsun 510 Coupe

Dylan (Flacco) wrote:i bought a 71 datsun 510 wagon back in october and have little idea to what the previous owner did to it. now that it comes to maintaining it... we ran into some problems. the guy said the tanny was off of a 240z. the year i dont kno. the problem is that i cant find the oil fill hole and i REALLY want to change it. could anyone help me?. its my first car and luckily i found the one i wanted. i REALLY wanted a dato for my first. its in good condition and runs like a boss... but i kno little about it and need some help please
It should be on the passenger side in the middle of the trans. Its a square headed bolt. Hope that helped...

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”