New Stillen TD exhaust for G37

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

NasserG37
Car: 2008 Lp640

I saw the exhaust system and was wondering if there is any feedback about it. Did anyone install it on their car? I have an Infiniti G37 and I was thinking of installing this system...The thing is they do not even have a sound clip of how it is going to sound, and nobody seems to give any feedback about it. So if anybody has it installed please post a sound clip or tell us some feedback about it

Smokem
Car: 2008 G37 Ivory Pearl (Manual) w/ Premium Package

No exhaust clip, but the power chart for the new Stillen exhaust is here:

http://www.intensepower.com/stcaex08g37c.html

Modfever
Car: 2008 Infiniti G37 Sport 6MT

I got the Stillen Cat-back exhaust installed this past Friday. First impressions are that the tone is sligthly deeper/throatier, but not much. I believe this will improve as the mufflers burn in. Another observation is on the Stillen tips. I didn't like them - they don't have an off-set cut, and I don't think they go with the character of the car. So, I had them removed and put Corsa tips on....I like it much better. It does sound best under heavy acceleration. One tip - if you don't want visible chrome hanging down behind the rear skirt, get the mufflers and exit tubing painted black.

I uploaded a video/sound clip you can access via the following: http://s238.photobucket.com/al...5.flv

I did install the Fujita dual air intake as well.

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

Between adding the exhaust and the intakes... did you notice a definite power/response difference?

Is the Stillen dual exhaust for the G37 actually different then the one for the newer G35's 05-07 ?

lon2810
Car: g37

hey all,i'm new at this group.but i was just wondrin if the dual air intake and the cat back exaust available for the g37 is CARB approved here in cali or street legal?i've looked at stillen's homepage but it says that it is still pending.does anyone have any idea?

tnx...

Modified by lon2810 at 12:39 AM 10/20/2007
Modified by lon2810 at 12:58 AM 10/20/2007

exode
Car: 90' 240 w/ 400hp SR20DET

The exhaust will pass emissions, and since it's muffled there is no way it will pass decibel restrictions. It has a CAT on it as well.

I'm not sure about cali man...they suck over there =-p

Greyhound'13
Car: Infiniti G37

Anyone know if anyother company besides Stillen is coming out with a cat-back exhaust? Already have Stillen Hi-flow intake. Thanks

finnor
Car: 2008 G37S

Modfever wrote:I got the Stillen Cat-back exhaust installed this past Friday. First impressions are that the tone is sligthly deeper/throatier, but not much. I believe this will improve as the mufflers burn in. Another observation is on the Stillen tips. I didn't like them - they don't have an off-set cut, and I don't think they go with the character of the car. So, I had them removed and put Corsa tips on....I like it much better. It does sound best under heavy acceleration. One tip - if you don't want visible chrome hanging down behind the rear skirt, get the mufflers and exit tubing painted black.

I uploaded a video/sound clip you can access via the following: http://s238.photobucket.com/al...5.flv

I did install the Fujita dual air intake as well.
Do you have more pics of the Corsa tips? Where did you get them, and which ones? I have run Corsa on four Corvettes and the tips are HOT!

Modfever
Car: 2008 Infiniti G37 Sport 6MT

finnor - the Corsa tips are 4 inch diameter. I got them from Kinney's Muffler in Euless Texas (If you call them, I'm sure they'd give you the part number). They have a picture of them installed on my car at their website: http://www.kinneysmufflershop.com

To find the pic, go to "results" and "imports", and you'll see my black G37 with the tips right after they put them on. I really didn't like the stillen tips that came with the cat-back exhaust system, so had to get rid of them quickly. Compared to the stock tips, I had Kinney's move them outward about 1/2 inch. Hope that helps.

finnor

Looks great. I think those are the tips for the Corvette, looks like they come in a set of four. Thanks!

finnor

Greyhound’13 wrote:Anyone know if anyother company besides Stillen is coming out with a cat-back exhaust? Already have Stillen Hi-flow intake. Thanks
Looks like Magnaflow already has a part number assigned...

http://www.magnaflow.com/02pro...=1494

djkymar
Car: G37s

i love the sound on video clips cant wait when its came out.

SlowRedTop
Car: S13, 280z

D*nm i love that car.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”