New soon to be 350z owner Need help

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
TheBigJoe
Car: nissan 350z

This is my first post and a new member here and I was just woundering if some members who know their stuff about supercharged 350z could help me out with questions i should ask this dealership..Their is a dealership selling a 06 350z but it is supercharged and I dont like going dealerships because their very f*** up...(I had a 05 nissan sentra spec-v and i took to a nissan dealership to get my new brakes and next thing i know im driving off the lot and they f*** up my clutch to where it would not go into gear) so im going to post a link so every one can see the car and I just need some advise on what I should as them about the car to make sure its a solid car because it is a 4 hour drive my house and i dont want anything going wrong by the way thanks guys.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale ... x=11&Log=0

thats the whole link.

My name is joe by the way

sx moneypit
Car: 2010 370Z
1986 Toyota MR2

Welcome to NICO, Joe!
Personally i wouldn't buy anything that was modified to that extent without some very good documentation of where and who did the work on the car.You might want to hit Jerry up (he knows his s*** about big horsepower 350Zs)
jerryd1987-u188669.html

jerryd1987
Car: 03 350z many mods inc next year

already got back to him but ill post it here too.
my major concerns would be if the engine was ever swapped for oil consumption and it was likely ragged on before being traded in.

would definitely want to mash the throttle before buying and check to see if anything bad is going on.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

jerryd1987 wrote:already got back to him but ill post it here too.
my major concerns would be if the engine was ever swapped for oil consumption and it was likely ragged on before being traded in.
^ This, this & this.

As a buyer into Nissan's RevUp Lottery I've been fortunate, I know not everyone was. At a minimum I'd ask for a compression & leakdown test so I could see the condition I was getting the car in. I'd also recommend getting new wheels and performing an exorcism on the ones that are on the car now...just so they don't come back to haunt you.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”