New RS*R downsprings for G35c

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
dholly

I heard rumor that RS*R was bringing a new set of G35 sedan specific downsprings. Rumor had it, they were linear design with a minimal 0.6" drop all around. Just what I wanted.

After a few emails and forum posts with Koji Ikeda, Director of Sales and Marketing to verify the details, I'm sad to report that it is not to be...at least, not quite yet (though something is in the works!).

However, there IS some great news for coupe owners! Here's for you.Quote »Thanks again for all the comments. The 350Z spring is as follows:

Front Spring - Progressive Design.Rear Spring - Linear Design.

Why the difference? RS*R spring designers have spent a considerable amount of time between different designs for the springs. When all is said and done, this design; drop, spring rate, linear vs. progressive, netted the best spring design for what RS*R lowering kits stand for.

The G35 springs are progressive for both front and rear. The engineers at RS*R have done a fantastic [job] creating two springs that compliment the specific cars very nicely.

RS*R G35 Downsprings

Drop: 1.0" front / 1.2" rearSpring Rate: 315 front / 315 rearMSRP $329

Remember, we have both the 350Z and G35 springs.

350z Part #: 30-N200 (down spring) 32-N200 (Ti2000)G35 Part #: 30-N400 (down spring) 32-N400 (Ti2000)[/quote]BTW, the RS*R downspring set for the 350z uses the following rates: 345f/417r with 0.6" drop. So, as you can see, G35 coupe owners now have two VERY different RS*R engineered downspring sets available.

Hope this helps!

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Very interesting. I hadn't heard that they had anything done for the G35 yet. Sorry to hear that there is nothing available for the sedan yet, I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

dholly

Sure, there are aftermarket springs that fit the sedan but, in each case, the drop is too excessive or the springs are progressive with rates similar or softer than the OEM sport suspension springs I have now. I want to stiffen things up somewhat without turning into a snowplow - I already got hung up in my own driveway this winter.

The RS*R design is of interest to me because they use very little of the spring body for the initial softer rate with their progressive spring. To my limited knowledge, less progressive windings would suggest the spring hits the stiffer final rate quicker. Sounds like a good compromise between the soft, progressive springs made for comfort, and rock hard stiff, linear springs made for the track.

The following pics show this pretty well. First pic is RS*R's #32-N200 (Ti2000). The front spring (progressive) is on the left side. Next pic is a front Tein S-tech spring (progressive) next to a OEM front spring. Notice the 3 coil's close together at the top of the green Tein spring.

pic credit: koji@rs-r

pic credit: Gsedan35

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”