New RIms for the Y34!!

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
jadeM45
Car: Pending

Well the new rims are on.

They are 20" Lexion 401's Diamond Cut Finish. 20x8.5 +22 & 20x10.5 +27.

Required cutting the lip off the rear fenders. I drove it to work today and it looks like I will need to cut a little further down than I did. Under some slow hard turns it still rubs a bit. I was going to take it to the painter tomorrow to have him pain the sides and rear and touch up the inside of the fenders but I guess that will have to wait until next week so I can do the extra cutting on the weekend.

Th fronts are pretty close to flush. The rears are dead flush maybee 1mm of poke.Here are the pictures of the new rims on though.

Heres How it should look after the Paint:

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Looks clean bro. Why cut the fenders instead of rolling them???

jadeM45
Car: Pending

I am not a fan of rolling the fenders. You run a much greater chance of wrinkling the fender or doing damage that way. I trimmed the edge of the fender leaving the roll on the end. It should have no effect of the structure. The fender on the M is double rolled steel. It was a ***** to get through both layers. I also ground down all the edges so the are baby smooth.

I left a bit of the "roll" on there. So you can't tell from the outside. It will also help with the integrity.

I have many friends who have done this technique on many cars. If done right it works better than rolling in my opinion.

I have fully compressed the suspension using a jack on the opposite side and the tire can tuck up inside the fender. I may have the camber done 1-2 negative just to make sure when I have my buddy do the alignment.

Return to “VIP Forum”