New Recall? Edmunds 08/12/2008

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
scrutmonkey
Car: 08 Altima Hybrid

I posted this on another forum and thought I should post it here as well...

Someone just sent me this link in my email. Gonna call them tomorrow to see what is up with this...

http://www.edmunds.com/insidel...30630

"WASHINGTON — Nissan kicked off a recall of 1,018 2008 Altimas on Monday to tighten a bolt which could lead to difficulty controlling the car if it fell out, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

NHTSA's recall summary of the problem explains that the left side front suspension transverse link bolt may not have been tightened to specification at the factory. "This condition could cause the bolt to become loose while the vehicle is being driven," it said. "If the bolt were to come out, the driver may experience difficulty controlling the direction of the vehicle, which could result in a crash."

Nissan dealers will tighten the bolt free of charge. Owners can contact Nissan for more information at (800) 647-7261.

What this means to you: If you own the aforementioned vehicle, have it checked out ASAP by your dealer. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent"

EDIT: Call the number adn have your VIN ready, they can see if there is anything for your car. I believe they just got the recall info this morning.

Modified by scrutmonkey at 11:40 AM 8/14/2008

ursus
Car: 07 3.5SE 6MT Sedan

Maybe they are referring to that front end link bolt, on my 07 I had a corazy tough time removing it because it was torqued down so much.

scrutmonkey
Car: 08 Altima Hybrid

RIZAMAN;3563266 wrote:Or, you could just check here.

You'll need to register to be able to download the PDF of the recall campaign bulletin.

I jpg'ed them here if you want to have a look:

Page 1Page 2Page 3Page 4
For people who are mechanically inclined and have access to a torque wrench, you can check it yourselves. I would call and have them check you VIN to see if your car is affected anyways first though.

I know, that damn front endlink bolt was a B^%$#@ to get off.

SHIFT_COUPE
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q50 AWD

Ursus, when you have a moment please adjust your signature to fit withih the guidelines. Thanks brother!

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”