New radio, but now my gauge cluster lights dont work...

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
TheJDMguy101
Car: -1990 S13 (rb25 swapped)
-1991 S13 (daily)
-2010 F-150 (parts truck)

So the story goes:

I took my r32, that I just imported over from japan, into best buy to get a new head unit and speakers. The guy installed my new head unit, with no problems. I didnt find out til that night that the running lights werent working. However the HICAS light, e-brake light, and all the warning lights worked. The speedometer, tach, center gauges (boost, battery, and oil temp) were NOT working also my taillights as well, my taillights work when pressing the brake. I've checked the fuses, tried to comprehend the wiring schematics however I cant find out what's wrong, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

TheJDMguy101 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:27 pm
So the story goes:

I took my r32, that I just imported over from japan, into best buy to get a new head unit and speakers. The guy installed my new head unit, with no problems. I didnt find out til that night that the running lights werent working. However the HICAS light, e-brake light, and all the warning lights worked. The speedometer, tach, center gauges (boost, battery, and oil temp) were NOT working also my taillights as well, my taillights work when pressing the brake. I've checked the fuses, tried to comprehend the wiring schematics however I cant find out what's wrong, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!
If everything was working fine before the install, I would take it back to BEST BUY and have them fix it

mybemore
Car: 2018 Nissan Pathfinder

Have you solved your problem with cluster lights?

zerepdivad
Car: '90 240sx . '02 Lexus IS300

They blew the illumination fuse. Understandable if the wiring harness was already butchered with bare wires and they got moved. They also might have grounded it to the illumination wire. Either way, they have a lifetime warranty on workmanship so just go back and they can fix it. or just check your fuses.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”