New Radiator leaking coolant after swap

All things Altima Coupe.
Rapidprogress
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

Hi,
I have a 2008 3.5se coupe with a manual transmission. I needed a new radiator because the old one was leaking.

I ordered the automatic radiator by mistake and this one is leaking from what I believe to be the holes where it cools the transmission.

Any help would be appreciated.

My friend said that an automatic radiator with work with a manual as long as there is clearance. But he mostly works on hondas :confused:

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Well, it's not supposed to leak but if not using that intercooler for an ATX then if you can find the correct plug fittings for the fixture type you can plug the leak off and go on about your business. BOTH need plugging though, one won't cut it there.

Pretty much the only difference in an automatic rad to a manual one is that intercooler inside, they are usually the same but for that. In fact, they often send you the automatic rad to use with a MTX trans, just with the instructions to plug the fittings. It saves on inventory and money to be made doing that.

Rapidprogress

Thank you.

So should those holes be leaking without the plugs?

I heard something slide down inside the plastic when we unscrewed the transmission line tips. I don't know if something is broke in the radiator and maybe I should do a return..

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

The holes should NOT be leaking, that would put coolant in the transmission fluid, not desirable at ALL. Correct would allow you to run with no plugs there but I do routinely to stop any future issue.

Up to you what to do there.

Rapidprogress

"..but I do routinely to stop any routinely to stop any future issue."
Not sure what you mean by that

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

The inner cooler tube can fracture at any time in the future. Plugged you have already dealt with it.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”