New Q60 owner with a question

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
krav51
Car: q60

Good morning everyone,
I've owned my '17 Q60 3.0t for a few months now and i love the car.I have noticed far more water vapor coming from the tailpipe than any car i've ever owned.Even after the car is up to operating temp,ill notice it while sitting at a light and the other day a coworker who was behind me mentioned how much white "smoke" came out of the exhaust when i merged onto the highway.Is this normal and can it be related to the turbo cooling? The oil level hasnt moved since new so im pretty sure its not burning oil.Thanks in advance.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Not sure there - that new 3.0TT motor is ... well.. new. I'm not familiar with what should or shouldn't be normal with it. Double check your coolant levels, and make sure you're not throwing any codes, and if all is well then just drive on. You have a solid warranty to back you, so if it gets too terribly concerning, a dealership visit isn't a bad idea. Infiniti and its dealerships typically treat their customers exceptionally well (especially when compared to Nissan), and I imagine you could get it checked out without having to pay for a diagnostic fee in most cases.

rmyAddison
Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport

Congrats on your new Q60, great car, take it to the dealer !!

I have a '16 Q50 Red Sport, bought a year ago this month, I love the car. The 3.0tt is a fantastic engine, and Infiniti has underrated them like BMW does, they are beasts.

I have not experienced anything like you describe, and I've had the stock Red Sport exhaust and changed to the Infiniti Motorsport exhaust a few months ago, no white smoke or excessive dripping.

Take it to the dealer, best of luck............ :)

krav51
Car: q60

thanks for the replies guys,ill be taking it in for the first oil change soon and will have them check it out

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”