New Q50 Driver seat woes

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
Hooperman
Car: Q50 2015

Just leased a new Q50 last week. Loved the seats on the testing of the car. However I am now having a very difficult time getting comfortable. Wa not overly concerned until I took a hour and a half round trip yesterday. Obviously something is causing something to put pressure on or take pressure off or whatever on a nerve causing lower lumbar pain this AM. Its a slippery slope because to go out and adjust and adjust and lumbar on, off, how much etc... will of course inflame the cause. Not sure if anyone else experienced this. I love the car but the thought of hopping in it is not something I want to do. Its only four days old. Grrrrrrrrrrrr....... :crazy:

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Everyone sees multiple adjustments on their seat and they think 'wow what a fancy seat'. But ... seems the more choices and adjustments they allow, the harder it becomes to find the 'right' adjustment for you. Also, by changing one setting, you can cause the need to adjust another setting.
You already know this but I will say it anyway. Once you actually DO find the correct setting for you ... SAVE IT. Everytime I get my car back from a valet, etc the seat has been messed with and it frankly puts a stone in my oatmeal ! Now, all I do it mash the "1" button on the memory switch and all is right again. Let me tell you how I found my sweet spot. Hopefully this will help.

1) Start with the seat completely lowered to the floor, the lumbar completely deflated, and the steering wheel all the way inward to the dash. This is square one.
2) Adjust the forward position of the seat so that your feet are comfy - the left foot should be comfy against the floor rest and the right foot should be able to work the gas and the brake without bending too much or reaching too far, and your hands should reach the steering wheel with a slight bend at the elbow - adjust the telescopic feature on the steering wheel until you achieve this.
3) Raise the entire seat to a height that allows you good views of your surroundings and raise the steering wheel to keep the slight bend at your elbow while your forearm is more or less level to the ground.
4) Now set the seat-back to the proper angle. Start by sitting straight up. Then, slowly adjust the seat-back so you still feel supported, but you are not forced to sit at attention.
5) Adjust the tilt of the entire seat so your legs feel the cushions, but not so that you are reclining. The bulk of your weight should still be on your butt, not your thighs, but you should slightly feel the cushions with your thighs. A comfy combo of the seat-back and the complete seat tilt is what you're looking for.
6) Once all this is done, tilt the head rest forward and adjust its height so that as you sit, it takes very little movement of your head to rest against it and your sight line is still forward and safe. This will take weight and strain off your spine on long trips.
7) NOW you can play with the lumbar. It shouldn't take much inflation, if any, to achieve a nice combo of support and comfort.

After you have done this, save the setting under #2, and drive about for a day or two. Just change ONE setting at a time ... BUT ... do not save any of these changes until you have driven enough to know that everything else is compatible with whatever you changed. Continue to tweek one thing at a time and you will have reached your sweet spot. THEN you save your final settings as #1. Leave setting #2 unchanged from the start point so you always have a place to begin again.

Hooperman
Car: Q50 2015

Thank you this is a wonderful reply - appreciate it.
Hoop

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

If it's a sport seat then I've seen people who didn't like some of the bracing and eventually modified the seat. I've never had any issues in mine.

jasejase

I could never get the seat adjusted well enough where my right leg didn't rub on the center console. It was just annoying enough.

rstylez
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport

The headrest is what bugs me the most if make me feel like im tilting my head forward all the time stretching my neck out. so i just removed the headrest even though that's probably a bad idea in case of accidents

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”