New powder coating service available!

A forum for approved vendors of specialized, limited-production parts. Help small businesses that cater to Nissan enthusiasts and score some unique, useful parts! Contact [email protected] for approval and rates.
fiznowler
Car: 97 240sx se, 5 speed, paint, tan leather interior. vg30dett swap in progress.
86 300zx NA Daily Driver
Too many other nissans and parts to list!

Hello all My name is Matt I have been a member on here for quite a while and just got approval to start offering powder coating service to you guys. We used to have a guy on here that did it but he got out of it. I started coating several months ago and have been doing stuff for my cars as well as some friends. I have a pretty good setup and can do anything that fits in a standard oven that is metal and will withstand 400*F. I do alot of valve covers, brackets, calipers, and misc brackets. I do have some cores for s14 stuff but other than that I will have to have yours to start with for now until I can come up with more cores. I will get more pictures loaded up as soon as I can. I lost my old phone that had almost all of my pictures on it. These are the ones that I already had uploaded on photobucket or have done within the last month.

Price wise I am going to try to match what the previous coater offered. I will do my best to help you out on your projects and I will guarantee them for the same 60 days. I wouldn't ship the part out unless I would be 100% comfortable putting it on my own car! I will keep updating this thread as I get more photos together.

4cyl valve covers will be $60 shipped single stage. multicoats/clear will be an extra $10

6cyl and 8cyl valve covers will be $80 shipped single stage. multicoats/clear will be an extra $10

Other parts will have to be on a piece by piece basis but if they are smaller they will generally be pretty cheap. For instance the water necks pictured below would be 25 shipped.
I personally recomend doing the upper timing chain cover along with the valve cover it looks awesome together. If you are doing the valve cover I would also do the timing cover for only $20 more if it is the same color. Color combos are endless! I have 20ish colors in stock but will order whatever you want just allow an extra week or so. If it is a very bizaare color I will never use again it will be $10 to order it. If it is something common and I am just out or don't have it there will be no charge. If there is a color that The Chosen One did and you would like me to do something for you in it that is no problem just reference the color or a picture of the color and I will get it taken care of. Enough of the long text lets get to the pictures!

Here is my contact info
Matt Fowler
cell-417-six19-1789
email is [email protected]
I can be reached via pm or posting in this thread as well

S14 KA24DE in Ultimate Chrome
S14 ka24de in Black Ice Wrinkle
polished letters (no charge for raised letters)
D series water neck in black chrome
SBC small block chevy valve covers in candy lime green
S14 valve cover in candy red w/ matching timing chain cover

S14 Ka water neck in dormant blue

B18 valve cover in Matte Bronze(poor lighting in picture)

S14 upper timing chain cover in OSC Orange(this color is sick pic does no justice)

LS1 timing chain cover in black wrinkle ice

I will update this as I go I know I have a bunch more pictures on my laptop.

240sxAli4Life
Car: 1990 S13 Hatch SOHC... SOLD :(
1993 S13 Hatch DOHC!! Super Sexy!!

Ok ya now that i seen the candy red valve cover i want that color for mine exactly, but i want white faced letters too!! how Much would you charge to do that $70??? And it wont fade off with engine temp right??? But i dont have paypal so maybe i could write you a check, send it, wait for you to clear it... then once you recive payment from me, i could send you my valve cover????? Would that work???? PM me your answer!!

fiznowler
Car: 97 240sx se, 5 speed, paint, tan leather interior. vg30dett swap in progress.
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

You are looking at 3 layers and taping between all of them. The raised letters would have to be coated seperate from the rest while it is taped. I would recommend powder coat the cover candy red and I could polish the letters or paint them white. Either way would look good and would not fade because of temperatures. If you must have the letters powder caoted white I would have to charge more because it would take at least an hour extra work. You are looking at 3 layers and taping between all of them and bake time. I will do it for 85 shipped with powdercoated raised white letters over candy red. Or if you just want candy red with polished letters or white painted letters I can do it for the $70(I would recommend this route and honestly I think the polished letters will look better than white) It is your choice and I will do it whichever way you would like. You also have a pm on payment method.

240sxAli4Life

Oh yea! I didnt mean to powder coat the letters! Powder coat everything, then painting them white is fine!! But i dont know what you mean by polish the letters?????? Could you send me an example of polished letters, and painted white letters??? I would like to see what would look better!! And when you polish or paint the letters, you dont have to do the side wall of them, just the faces of them!! You understand what i mean??? But yea thats fine you dont have to powder coat the letters too!! After you powder coat the valve cover, then you bake it, then do you spray clearcoat over it to make it shinney??? And when my valve cover is off my engine, do i need to cover my engine with like a tarp or something until you send the valve cover back?? But yea i would mail you a check, wait for you to clear it... then when you do i would ship my valve cover to you!! Im cool with that if you are!!

fiznowler
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

Polishing the letters looks best I will post pictures when I get home.

Warped161
Car: 90 s13 the never ending project

hmm maybe you can fix my parts that the last powder coater did a crap job with....ill keep this in mind now.

fiznowler
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

That sucks he did a crappy job on them I will have to strip them and start from scratch but I can fix them. What did he do to them got any pics? I wouldn't bother sending them out unless they were right.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

LOVE the black wrinkle coat. Good stuff brotha!

fiznowler
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

The black wrinkle is also my favorite. Here are some other pieces that were done in the same black.
This valve cover and timing chain cover set is for my s14.

KA bracket to match cover, I also did the clutch fan pulley but i don't have a picture of it.

Honda ECU
Before
After

Set of custom LS1 solid mounts coated to match the front cover.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Very nice, sent you an email.

fiznowler
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

240sxAli4Life wrote:Oh yea! I didnt mean to powder coat the letters! Powder coat everything, then painting them white is fine!! But i dont know what you mean by polish the letters?????? Could you send me an example of polished letters, and painted white letters??? I would like to see what would look better!! And when you polish or paint the letters, you dont have to do the side wall of them, just the faces of them!! You understand what i mean??? But yea thats fine you dont have to powder coat the letters too!! After you powder coat the valve cover, then you bake it, then do you spray clearcoat over it to make it shinney??? And when my valve cover is off my engine, do i need to cover my engine with like a tarp or something until you send the valve cover back?? But yea i would mail you a check, wait for you to clear it... then when you do i would ship my valve cover to you!! Im cool with that if you are!!
That sounds good I don't have a pic of white letters but i am sure you know what they would look like. I can actually easily make your letters chrome and still be the $70. I have to powder coat the cover silver or chrome as a base coat. Then I will coat it with a second layer which is the candy red. The candy coat is a color tint and clear in one. I will just not shoot the red coat over the letters. This would look sexy on your cover. I have an s13 valve cover I could do this way and just trade you for your cover and the $70. the only time you would be down is while you wait on shipping and the check to clear.

fiznowler
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

biggie wrote:Very nice, sent you an email.
Sent you one back. Just let me know if and when you want it done.

fiznowler
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

This one is in dormant blue next to the candy red. It is hard to get the color to show up in a picture it is really a bright bluish purple color. But for some reason it keeps showing up a dark dark blue. I need to invest in a better camera. It is not dull or scratched up. It is wet from where I was sanding and polishing out the letters.

240sxAli4Life

So this blue valve cover is with the polished letters???? And could you post pics of white letters or white color valve color! Just so i could get an idea!

fiznowler
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

Yes...the blue has polished letters. Basically I can either make them look shiney by powdercoat or sand and polishing or paint them. I have no pictures of the white paint. But it will just look like white letters I don't know how to better describe it.

240sxAli4Life

lol ok, i will seriously consider doing this! I may need to fix my enigne up a bit, but i defenently want to do this in the near future!! So ill keep in touch with your for sure!!

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

Hey man, don't suppose 17x8 5Zigen's would fit in your oven would they? ;)

Warped161

This is how my parts turned out from our old PC. http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd95 ... 20Coating/
The parts are supposed to all be the same color. its blue with a silver base cot, but he skipped the base coat on the calipers and the other parts have alot of issues.

fiznowler
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

yeah I can fix that. Looks like no prep work was done

Warped161

how much?

fiznowler
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

Warped161 wrote:how much?
I sent you a PM. I am not sure exactly how much stuff needs to be done and what exactly you want done. Like I said in the PM I will work with ya on it. It sucks to have to pay for the same thing twice. :sad:

fiznowler
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

SX APPEAL wrote:Hey man, don't suppose 17x8 5Zigen's would fit in your oven would they? ;)
Actually I am picking up my new oven this week. It is a much larger oven so it should fit larger wheels fine. I can fit a 17 now but it is a really tight fit lol.

SLde_Show_Enthusiast
Car: 95 240sx

do you have anymore pics on Ultimate Chrome?

i sent you a text mess, my area code is 504. did you get it?

if not,
can you powder coat 18x10.5 wheels?
please let me know,
pm me back or
email or text me for faster reply
email: azncmb (at) hotmail(dot) com
cell: five zero four 7828612

thanks

fiznowler
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

I sent you a text to the number you listed. I didnt' get one if you sent one to me. 417-619-178nine I should be able to get you fixed up.

fiznowler
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

For the rest of the year I am going to drop price on 4cyl valve covers to $50 Shipped! This would be an awesome cheap christmas present! :yesnod :biggrin:

JonathanPrem
Car: 02 Nissan pathfinder 4WD SE

How much will it cost me to ka24de s14 valve cover in black wrinkle and candy purple lettering and purple front cover shipped to canada m1r5s1.

fiznowler
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

I will coat the parts for $75 plus return shipping. I have never shipped anything to Canada before so I am unsure of the shipping. Would you be sending me your parts to coat? I don't mind shipping to Canada at all and according to the ups site it will cost around 25 to ship so if you ship to me send me $100 I will return your parts completed. I just ordered purple candy in so I will have the powder by the time your parts would get here so turn around should just be a couple days from the time I recieve them to the time I ship them.

JonathanPrem
Car: 02 Nissan pathfinder 4WD SE

Sounds good. I will email once i start to working on my engine. Do you have any picture of candy purple ?

fiznowler
86 300zx NA Daily Driver

I can find pics but not of something I have done i am waiting on some s13 parts to show up as soon as I get them done if the owner doesn't mind I will post some pics up. It looks good though.

BackIntoAnS13
Car: 92 s13 hatch

fiznowler wrote:I can find pics but not of something I have done i am waiting on some s13 parts to show up as soon as I get them done if the owner doesn't mind I will post some pics up. It looks good though.
Ha ha...was about to post on here that you were doing some parts for me in candy purple Matt lol Your more then welcome to post em :bigthumb:

Return to “Fabricators' Market”