New poster--Is this a deal???

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Houstonian

I'm a first-time poster. A local dealership is running a loss-leader special with the EX35 Journey without navigation, for $29,995. The interior is the wheat leather and exterior is black. My quick question is whether the extra several thousands of dollars for a different color combination and/or the navigation system is worth passing up this deal? Do deals like this come around frequently? I just started looking.

Thanks!!!

sluday
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey Moonlight-nav-premium-tech-lux

Houstonian wrote:I'm a first-time poster. A local dealership is running a loss-leader special with the EX35 Journey without navigation, for $29,995. The interior is the wheat leather and exterior is black. My quick question is whether the extra several thousands of dollars for a different color combination and/or the navigation system is worth passing up this deal? Do deals like this come around frequently? I just started looking.

Thanks!!!
That is a great deal. If it's AWD it's even better. I have been wanting an in car nav for quite a while so my next car had to have nav. I even passed up on a few other car manufactures because of a sub-par nav system. My EX is fully loaded so I have all the bells and whistles and I like and use all the tech toys. The one option that I thought I would never use was the around view cameras but I use it every day. I find myself backing into every parking spot every chance I get. The nav is more like a toy for me. I does come in handy when going to new places but most of the time I leave it off. What really makes the nav worth the money is the XM nav traffic. It has saved me hours and hours of sitting in traffic. I use that feature everyday. When I head to work I use the traffic info option to see if there is any traffic or construction on my route. If something comes up, I then use the nav to set the route to my destination and if needed the nav will re-route you clear of traffic. I am pretty sure that Garmin and Tom Tom have this feature as well and you could save thousands by buying one of these units. They are more up to date with roads and POI's then the factory nav but I don't like the look of having a portable unit on the dash or stuck to the windshield which is why I went with the factory nav. Bottom line is, get what you can afford. You will probably pay $10000 more then the price you were offered for nav and premium. The more options you get the better resale value you will have when it's time to sell or trade. Keep checking this forum daily because it has a lot of helpful people and topics that will steer you in the right direction. Good luck.

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

Yes, that looks like a very good deal.No, deals like that are rare.

How much is a color worth to you? There are no bad colors so that really can't be a problem.

As far as Nav goes, I didn't get it for two reasons. 1, it was 2 grand for the one in the G. 2, I have a Magellan and it works great, plus, I can take it from car to car.

If I was looking for a new Infiniti, and I found an EX for under 30k, I'd be on it really fast.

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

That deal is "ok". It sounds like you are looking at a stripper model. Without specifying which options it has one has to assume it is a stipper. If it has the Premium package at least then you'd be getting a stellar deal. If it has no options the dealer isn't really taking much of a hit. Infiniti has $4k in dealer cash right now and that car with no options is $34k, so that chops it down to $30k and then the dealer drops it to a psychological $29999. You should really try to squeeze the dealer for $28 or so....at least dip into their holdback some.

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

the local stealership here has a stripper model sitting on the lot for $29xxx so I'd aim for as low as you want (reasonably)

sluday
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey Moonlight-nav-premium-tech-lux

I just saw an ad in Sunday's paper for the same deal. A $37,800 Base EX for $29000. There must be some kind of nationwide factory incentive plan from Infiniti for all dealerships. they were marking down every 2008 Infiniti almost $10000.

nghivdo
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey, Premium, Luxe Style, NAV, Black Obsidian, Graphite Leather

sluday wrote:I just saw an ad in Sunday's paper for the same deal. A $37,800 Base EX for $29000. There must be some kind of nationwide factory incentive plan from Infiniti for all dealerships. they were marking down every 2008 Infiniti almost $10000.
Well, going on 5 months now driving around in my EX. And still have only seen 4 others on the road. Driving in San Francisco & Sacramento. That averages out to less than 1 per month. Yep, I guess Infiniti needs to start movin' 'em out.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”