New Person to the Group!

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
RiverD79
Car: 2007 Chevy Malibu
1998 2 Door Tahoe
2015 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
2004 Infiniti G35

Hello all,

I am new here and would first off like to Thank you for the add!

I come here for your help. With the experience that I have found in every other auto forum I am apart of, there is a lot of great info and suggestions that you can find in them, I have some questions.

I am thinking on buying a 2004 Infinity G35 from my boss. It is too good of a deal to pass on unless its not worth fixing up and driving. I have 3 other vehicles, a 2015 Veloster Turbo, a 1998 2 door Tahoe, and my daily, a 2007 Chevy Malibu, I am looking to replace the Malibu. I am unfamiliar with Infinities/Nissans other than a previous Nissan 240sx I used to own years ago and really regret selling (young and dumb)

the details I have on the G35 is it is a 2004 has about 95k-110k miles on the odom, it is silver with black leather. Options include Leather, sunroof, rear spoiler, and it is an automatic. It had a scuff on the passenger side with a drive thru pole and will need some body work on the doors. it has a "small oil leak" but no idea where it comes from. it is the V6 engine. not sure about anything else. The vehicle has been owned since new by a very high up executive at a local electronics manufacturing facility and has been serviced regularly.

Is there anything I should worry about, look for? is there a common issue with an oil leak with these cars?

Also how do I know what option package it has. I have seen some that have an "X" on the rear next to the G35, and some without, this one does not have that. I do not know what other options it has as I have not seen the car in person yet as it is with his Son at college and it is finals week.

I will be buying the car for $700.

If I can figure out how to post pictures on here, I will.

RiverD79
Car: 2007 Chevy Malibu
1998 2 Door Tahoe
2015 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
2004 Infiniti G35

I cant seem to upload the dang pics.. Sorry guys.

newbieg35
Car: 05 Infiniti g35

Worry about the oil leak, g35's burn a lot of oil, added to a leak could be bad. Note, leaks are common for G's. You should check at the valve cover gaskets for the leak, most common leak place. Another common issue is the power windows. Check all the electronics and make they sure work as much as possible.

That's all I can remember.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

RiverD79 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:03 pm
Hello all,

I am new here and would first off like to Thank you for the add!

I come here for your help. With the experience that I have found in every other auto forum I am apart of, there is a lot of great info and suggestions that you can find in them, I have some questions.

I am thinking on buying a 2004 Infinity G35 from my boss. It is too good of a deal to pass on unless its not worth fixing up and driving. I have 3 other vehicles, a 2015 Veloster Turbo, a 1998 2 door Tahoe, and my daily, a 2007 Chevy Malibu, I am looking to replace the Malibu. I am unfamiliar with Infinities/Nissans other than a previous Nissan 240sx I used to own years ago and really regret selling (young and dumb)

the details I have on the G35 is it is a 2004 has about 95k-110k miles on the odom, it is silver with black leather. Options include Leather, sunroof, rear spoiler, and it is an automatic. It had a scuff on the passenger side with a drive thru pole and will need some body work on the doors. it has a "small oil leak" but no idea where it comes from. it is the V6 engine. not sure about anything else. The vehicle has been owned since new by a very high up executive at a local electronics manufacturing facility and has been serviced regularly.

Is there anything I should worry about, look for? is there a common issue with an oil leak with these cars?

Also how do I know what option package it has. I have seen some that have an "X" on the rear next to the G35, and some without, this one does not have that. I do not know what other options it has as I have not seen the car in person yet as it is with his Son at college and it is finals week.

I will be buying the car for $700.

If I can figure out how to post pictures on here, I will.
For that price I would run, not walk, to buy it.. even if it does appear to have a leaking seal.. that might be dealt with in cheap ways ( if you are lucky thicker oil, "high milage oil w/ seal swellers) and evne if the cheap ways dont work.. the car can be expected to run for a long time.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”