New Paint Job Opinion.......

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
felicia26
Car: red 2012 370z

I recently got a red 2012 370z. Im getting the rear diffuser painted black Image this saturday along with the bottom part of my front bumperImage I was thinking if i should paint the bottom parts of my doors black as well like ImageImage What do u think I should do????? :facepalm:

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

Nice Z, I have a feeling if I had a red one I'd would be faster for to just head to the police station and hand them my license instead of waiting for the tickets to eat all the points on my license! :)

I like when the sideskirts when they colour match the diffuser as well as the front lip. It (usually) ties the look of the car together. You could go with body matching sideskirts and just paint the front lip and diffuser though, I've seen that done as well. Personally I think the black (or whatever colour) all the way around is the better look. :dblthumb:

If you're not sure you'll like it you have a couple of options. One is a quick Photoshop job to see how it looks, the other is a more time consuming but is a real-world example. I know a couple of locals that will experiment with colour schemes by using plasti-dip to see what it will really look like and actually run with the colour for a week or so and then either keep it or peel it up and go again. You could use the plasti-dip and if you don't like don't get it done and if you do you can use it until it wears down or just peel it off and head to the paint shop.

Welcome to NICO! :badger

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

The Z would look a lot better if the all the black pieces were red. Just be certain that the body shop that does the paint work can match the red as close to 100% as possible. In most cases new paint work isn't actually 100% matched. But an experienced and good body shop can get the new paint to be nearly a 99% match. :yesnod

MicVelo
Car: Mic's: Z33, S30, SRL-311, SL55, Highlander-H / Gone: Z33 & Z34 Nismos, Z33-Rdstr, Z31 Shiro (R.I.P.), Z32, Q45, 5-S30s, D-Prod SRL311 and a bunch of other non-Nissans.

It's definitely a personal thing. Looks fine either way but my take is that I like the solid color (at least on the sideskirts) simply because the effect of the black sills makes the car look higher. But hey, the black/gray trim works for the '14 Nismo Z so let your own taste be the judge, you're driving it. ;)

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

great looking Z! welcome aboard!

I like the gray trim on the NISMO version a lot. Black on red looks great too.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”