New Owners Post Your Introduction - Welcome to NICOclub

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
jrcollins56
Car: 2015 Nissan Leaf S
Silver/Black Interior
42,227 miles
12 Bars/87.07% SoH.
Typically ≈ 80 Miles on 100% Charge.

Hey there, I’m Jack in Raleigh NC. I’m 65 and never thought I’d drive an EV, let alone own one. I’ve recently (2 weeks ago), bought a 2015 Leaf S with 42,000 miles and still displays 12 bars. But I’ve run Leaf Spy and SOH is a bit over 86%, so I’m expecting to drop a bar in the next 500 miles or so. It’s only had 58 DCFC’s and around 2,100 L1/L2 charges. I’m still learning more about it and absorbing information like a sponge. A full trickle charge hits a bit over 80 miles of range on the GOM!!! Right now I’m going to stick with the trickle charger as with the little bit of driving I’m doing I’m charging about every 3-4 days. I typically drive it down to about 15%-20% so I’m comfortable with it. I plan on staying away from DCFC’s as much as I can, and I was planning on buying an adjustable current rate L1/L2. I’ve seen 16/32 and some like 10, 12, 16, 24 & 28 amp outputs. I’ve got the 6.6 kWh/Chademo upgrade. So I’m thinking the variable rate might be good, but for now I’m just going to stick with the trickle charger. There’s several free L2 Chargers nearby so why spend the money right now. I’ve also learned not to plug into a GFCI Receptacle as that will cause an error on my EVSE Set. The dealership did replace the 12 volt battery as the original was flaky. So far I’m a very happy person. I am running regular Leaf Spy reports whenever I top off the battery. But eventually I plan to figure out the timer and top it off about 85%-90%. Thanks again for letting me join, I’m planning on learning as much as possible.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

Johneb66
Car: 2017 Nissan Leaf S

Hello from Payette Idaho. My names John and my better half is Marty. We bought a 2017 coulis red leaf with 20,000 miles on it. It has all 12 bars. Thinking of getting the leaf spy app to confirm this and monitor the batteries. We use this to go to Boise Id and back twice weekly. Distance of 53 miles one way. Because of terrain we end up charging at public charge stations in order to make it home. Loving our leaf so far.

up_in_Maine
Car: 2020 Nissan Leaf SV+

Hi,

In December, 2021, I bought a slightly used (7800 miles) 2020 Leaf SV+ (62 KWH) here on the coast of Maine, about 50 miles fro the nearest fast charger. I will be converting an outside 120 v outlet to 240 so I can fill quicker at home, and I also use a level 2 charger near my house.

I seem to get about 210 - 215 average driving around here, no freeways, just small town/rural areas.

we are planning a trip in June to Nova Scotia so I have been scouting fast chargers on the route - Canada is way ahead of the US. However, I don't have any idea of what my range is if I am going mostly 60-70 mph. Anyone have an answer? Thanks

Am loving the car, especially with gas around $4.15

Up_in_Maine

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

My two customers with the big battery tell me the range meter predicts about 200 from what's left on long trips, but I don't know anybody who's actually pushed it past 150 without topping up. They both say they make Little Rock to Texarkana with no issues, that stretch of I-30 is mostly rolling hills and a 70 limit..

DButchart_1951
Car: 2019 Nissan Leaf SL

Hi, I bought a 2019 Nissan Leaf SV in August 2019 in Bellingham, WA. Since our local dealer was trying to clear the decks of the (slightly) older 2019 to make way for the Leaf+ models, they offered a lot of nice incentives and perks. Between those, a pretty good trade-in on a Prius, federal tax credit, and 50% off car tabs, it was actually the least expensive car I'd purchased in 20+ years. The 150 mile EPA range (actually more like 165 in good weather) usually gives us a week or more of regular errands, and can get us from Bellingham to downtown Seattle with plenty of range to spare. Our resort hotel also includes L2 charging with the parking fee. We decided that with gas prices really high in WA, we'd upgrade to the Leaf+ SV. The extra range boost means we can do a round trip without charging, and if we do a lot of local errands and touring, we can top up in the garage on the last night of our stay. At 9.1 cents per KwH, our "fuel" cost per mile for the Leaf and now the Leaf+ is well under 20% of the per mile fuel cost for our Prius, which reliably gets over 50 MPG.

SCByrne
Car: 2015 Nissan Leaf

Hello all, I recently purchased my fist BEV a 2015 Leaf, cream white. I live in baltimore, MD.

I still find myself looking at gas station prices!!!

I'm learning about battery efficiency in colder temperatures. Seems like if I charge the car even a little with the home charger that came with it JUST BEFORE I drive it, the car forecasts more accurately for the first 5-10 miles of driving. It also seems like when there are 5 bars on the battery temperature (3 in the white-good range), the forecasted miles are pretty accurate. With only two bars, well, maybe yes, maybe no.

So I'm interested in the following topics, I am not so good with using this site yet.

I have the car in a garage, any suggestions for something to put under the car to help the battery stay warm - assuming that will help with efficiency.

Any suggestions on a plug for the leaf that allows either Leaf Spy Pro or some other leaf diag tool to read the car info? I see a bunch on Amazon, looking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help,

Steve

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

What part of Baltimore? I went to Visual Arts Institute on North Charles back in the early 80's, and my partner is from Glen Burnie.

theschuman
Car: 2024 Nissan Leaf S

Hello, We live in Connecticut, USA, and we just purchased a new 2024 Nissan Leaf S. We are looking forward to the savings on gasoline, maintenance, and time (no more stopping at gas stations) the Leaf will offer!

Return to “Leaf Forum”