New owner. want opinion

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
tlaporta

Hi all. I am a veteran Datsun/Nissan owner from the 80's. Having owned many Nissan/Datsuns in the past
78 280Z 2+2
1984 Nissan 300ZX AE
1993 Sentra SER
1989 Sentra
2003 Nissan Maxima
But have not owned a Nissan since 2006
In the past I have also owned
1993 Honda Prelude SI
2002 Honda S2000
2003 Acura NSX

I decided to purchase a restored Datsun 720. I know I overpaid but did not want to buy an old one and do the work myself.
Below is the list of everything done and a link since I can post pics. Please all opinions welcome.

SPECIFICS / BUILD INFORMATION
EXTERIOR
-Resprayed with original factory yellow.
-Bed lined rockers, with matching flat black bumpers.
-Bed and rails Rhino-lined, custom diamond plate rail protectors.
-16″ aluminum wheels.
-265/75 R16 BFG All-Terrain KO tires, professionally siped.
-All new LED light assemblies.
INTERIOR
-Clean, original interior.
-Newer carpet kit and rubber mats.
-Optional center console with factory oil pressure gauge and volt meter.
-Optional factory clock and tachometer – fully functional.
-Sony CD player with USB port with high end Rockford Fosgate front and rear speakers.
-100 watt Kicker mono mini-amp powers a 6″ Kicker CompRT dual voice coil sub, hidden in center console.
MECHANICAL
-Rebuilt Nissan 2.4 L Z24 I4 motor.
-5 speed manual transmission.
-Selectable 4WD.
-Power steering.
-Power brakes (disc up front).
-Weber Outlaw 38 synchronized carburetor, in-line Holly fuel pressure regulator and pressure gauge, low range Comp cam.
-Doug Thorley header, mandrel bent 2″ exhaust with a resonator to cut down drone, SpinTech muffler.
-Clutchless, fanless water pump, electric fan.
-Rancho 5000 shocks in front with Automotive Customizers upper A-arms that provide up to a 3″ lift up front with torsion bar adjustment.
-Upgraded front and rear differentials.
-All bushings and ball joints replaced
http://www.worldwidevintageautos.com/19 ... CO/6447376

I cant seem to find a way to post pics so i posted the linkl from the place I am buying it from for $9,000

Thanks
Tom

tlaporta

I am going to pick up in 2 weeks and I searched the forums and found varying opinions on Carb.
Correct me if I am wrong but from the numerous threads I read, it is my understanding that a stock engine should have a Weber 32/36 and a modified engine can handle the Weber Outlaw 38. Assuming you go the Weber way.
This truck has a crane low end Cam, headers and exhaust. I am worried that is not enough modification to use the extra fuel. I would think bigger pistons, head work etc is needed to use the benefits of this larger carb and this engine will bog down a bit.

Any thoughts?

Return to “Datsun 720”