New owner!

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Cyclon36

Hi All,

I just purchased a 1974 620 yesterday and made the 30 mile drive home without issue.  The car had been sitting for a little bit but was a daily before that.  I manged to pick it up for $300.  Little rust, and a few bangs, but all together a really nice package.  I'll post pics up tonight when I get home.

There are a few parts that are first on my list to buy and was wondering if anybody could steer me in the right directions.  Here's a list of things that I have to buy to get going on the restore job:

Driver's door

Driver's front fender

Front Bumper

Front Grille

Let me know if anybody has seen these floating around or if you know of a good place to get them.  Thanks.

-Joe

Pac. coast Datsun

Congrats on your new truck. They are easy to work on but some parts,mainly body parts may be hard to find. Where are you located? Ive found all of my replacement sheetmetal @ local junkyards.

Cyclon36

Thanks, I'm in Georgia.  I'm not sure how many junk yards there are around here so I guess I need to look around a bit for one.

I noticed on the links that there are several companies selling metal fenders and doors.  Have these parts been known to be good replacements?

Pac. coast Datsun

Some of the aftermarket body panels dont fit perfect but it's hardly noticible.

Cyclon36

Thanks for the feedback.  I managed to find a local salvage yard that apparently has a good bit of parts.  www.car-part.com is a great search engine for those types of things.

Pac. coast Datsun

My advice to you is when you hit up the yards & money permitting of course is to buy as much as you can parts wise. These trucks are dissapearing fast & stuff is getting hard to find.

datsunexcells

Cyclon36, I've got a grille from a '73 620 Pick-up, that you can have for the cost of shipping. I looked at it after reading your posting; it isn't cracked or broken, but it is missing one piece of chrome trim around one of the headlight holes, and the emblem paint could use some attention. John

Cyclon36

Wow, thanks.  I actually purchased one from ebay.  I haven't received it yet but if it's not in good shape I'll definitely hit you up first.

You wouldn't happend to have a bumper now would you? :D

datsunexcells

Cyclon36, Sorry, I had a few odd items left from the 620 that I had, and I think that the only other thing I have besides the grille, is a heater assembly. John

lancekilgore

try this link it may help:

http://info.automotix.net/bodyparts/sea ... &year=1974

Have fun

Lance

Cyclon36

[user=404]lancekilgore[/user] wrote: [quote]try this link it may help:

http://info.automotix.net/bodyparts/sea ... &year=1974

Have fun

Lance
[/quote]
Lance,

You're a lifesaver!  I'm going to buy the whole store! :D  I wish I didn't buy those grills on ebay now.  Thanks a lot man.

lancekilgore

Glad it helped, were here to help each other.

Lance

Return to “Datsun 620”