New owner question

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
andy99

Hi,
We just bought a new 2018 Rouge SV with premium package. So far so good.
I have few questions:

- When you park the car in a tight space, do you get a peeping sound or warning if you are too close to an object in front of you or to your side or to the rear? Or should I just use the all round camera view to make my judgment?
- The blind spot monitoring shows on the inside of the car and not also on the outside side mirrors, correct?
- I only get warning that there is a cross traffic if I'm backing and the car is moving. If I'm idle, then there is no warning, correct?

Also, I'm interested in installing a trailer hitch so I can add a bumper step for protection, like this one
https://www.weathertech.com/bumpstep-original/

Will this affect the rear view camera or other features? Maybe it will be hard to reach the lift gate with my foot :-)

The dealer said it will be about 550 for parts only.

Sorry for the rookie questions.

Cheers

howie411
Car: 2018 Rogue Hybrid

andy99 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:17 pm
Hi,
We just bought a new 2018 Rouge SV with premium package. So far so good.
I have few questions:

- When you park the car in a tight space, do you get a peeping sound or warning if you are too close to an object in front of you or to your side or to the rear? Or should I just use the all round camera view to make my judgment?
- The blind spot monitoring shows on the inside of the car and not also on the outside side mirrors, correct?
- I only get warning that there is a cross traffic if I'm backing and the car is moving. If I'm idle, then there is no warning, correct?

Also, I'm interested in installing a trailer hitch so I can add a bumper step for protection, like this one
https://www.weathertech.com/bumpstep-original/

Will this affect the rear view camera or other features? Maybe it will be hard to reach the lift gate with my foot :-)

The dealer said it will be about 550 for parts only.

Sorry for the rookie questions.

Cheers

The Rogues don't have Sonar Sensors I have no idea why. I guess they assume that the 360 feature is good enough or better. I actually really miss the sensors from my past cars but I've gotten use to just pressing the camera button when it comes time to park.

andy99

Thank you howie411 for the quick reply. I thought so but I wanted to make sure I was not missing something. Our other car is a lexusis and we gotten used to to heard these warnings.
I'm sure we will get used to it.

Cheers

Lgb0250
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV

I recently bought the same model as you with the same options! Have about 350 miles on it now and love it. I remember going through the setting options and seeing one on the rear cross traffic that will allow it to work while you are sitting idle. Not sure about the hitch but there is no way I would pay $550 for parts only! Any reliable company in he hitch business should be able to do it for much less. Don’t think I’d like to try putting my foot under that hitch to open the rear hatch though!

andy99

Thanks Lgb0250 for the reply and good to hear you love your new car.
Yeah, I'm not going to get the hitch at the dealership because it is way too expensive and with labor it might be 1000 and I know it will be much cheaper outside.
The only reason I need a hitch is to have the step / bumper protector so my crazy neighbor would not damage my rear bumper if we park in the space between our houses. She insists on blocking her drive way and by doing that, she going bumper to bumper with our car no matter how far we park from her driveway :-)

Lgb0250
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV

andy99 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:40 am
Thanks Lgb0250 for the reply and good to hear you love your new car.
Yeah, I'm not going to get the hitch at the dealership because it is way too expensive and with labor it might be 1000 and I know it will be much cheaper outside.
The only reason I need a hitch is to have the step / bumper protector so my crazy neighbor would not damage my rear bumper if we park in the space between our houses. She insists on blocking her drive way and by doing that, she going bumper to bumper with our car no matter how far we park from her driveway :-)
Seems like it would be easier and far less expensive to just get some highway construction cones and place them at the end of your driveway. If she hits them call the police. Just make sure they are on your side of the lot line. Eventually she’ll get the hint. :nono:

andy99

;)

I tried calling the police and traffic maid but both said, there is nothing they can do about it and she is parking legeally, eventhough she is blocking her own drive and not using the street curb
She refuses to take that spot if it open and refuses to park in her own driveway...So she takes a bit of the street parking so if anyone parks using the rest of the space, they would be right on the edge with our own driveway which makes it very difficult to get out...

I'm thinking about it and will see if I should just get a bumper cover

Cheers

andy99

Hi, is there away to increase the volume of the cross traffic beep? I can hardly hear it when the radio or music is on.

Thanks

Return to “Rogue Forum”