New owner, part advice needed, esp. condenser fan

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
vitmnZ
Car: 1992 Nissan 300ZX 2+0

I just purchased a 92 300ZX TT and I am so excited to finally have my dream car. Unfortunately, it ran hot on the way home from purchasing and had to tow to shop. I'm told condenser fan is not kicking on when a/c is on. I can't find a replacement part other than the cheapo ones the part houses recommend. All the OEM ones at the Z car specialty shops say 'discontinued'. Is there an interchangeable one from Nissan - like from a Maxima or something? I have read several threads here about the issue... I am not troubleshooting or repairing myself...

Just need advice on what to buy to replace it. Thanks in advance for your help!
Attachments
ZX3.jpg

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

Beautiful car, and Welcome to NICO.

If you want OEM you have to settle for used. You can also have the factory one disassembled by your mechanic and try searching based on part numbers of the individual components or send it to a specialty rebuilder. I will bet that no other Nissan fans fit without modification because of the configuration of the front end on the Z32.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”