New Owner NEED HELP - 2012 Versa 1.6 SV 4-door

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
rtr
Car: 2012 Nissan Versa SV 4-door Sedan

Hello Nissan Owners.........I am the proud new owner of a 2012 Nissan Versa SV 1.6 4-door sedan. The car has 94,000 miles and belonged to an older man who bought it in 2015 and then passed away about a year later. The car sat in his garage for about 3 years until when I bought it. It is very nice and clean and drives like new. All I did was put a battery in it, air up the tires, and go. Thankfully it was kept in a garage, as it looks and runs like a new car.

I'm wanting to change the oil, replace air filter, and do anything else that would be typical maintenance for this car. We have already put about 1,500 miles on the car and it is getting 50 mpg on average on the highway!! I did dump a bottle of Seafoam fuel treatment in the tank the night I got it. Please, send me your suggestions for stuff to look for and for maintenance suggestions. I am capable of working on the car myself or letting my mechanic do it.

rtr
Car: 2012 Nissan Versa SV 4-door Sedan

Just checking to see if anyone had any input.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Don't use seafoam. My 2 cents anyway. It's a scam, I used to sell it by the barrels full.

2016 Versa
Car: 2016 Nissan Versa SV

I always like to check the condition of belts and hoses when putting a used car in my fleet. I too am a new Versa owner having bought a rebuilt title 2016 SV in Feb. this year with 10546 miles. Most of my driving is rural roads at speeds in the 45-55 MPH range and I'm averaging just over 46 MPG in mine. Don't trust the computer readout for mileage estimates, do the actual miles/gallons calculations. My computer readout says I'm getting several more miles per gallon than I'm actually getting when I do the math. Good luck with your new car.

EconoDeluxe1.6s

Assuming it's a CVT trans, I would do some drain/fills on it at a minimum.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”