New owner, first time poster

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Mforty5
Car: 2006 M45S DG/Bourbon/Wood/TechXM/Journey Sport/MES/Splash/Full Spare

Hi All, I have picked up an M45 Sport DG/Bourbon with all options, and am loving it so far, with only 1345 miles on it! The only annoyance so far is the LDWS, and not being able to completely disable it. Other than that it's a love affair in full bloom!

I have to wash it and then I'll post pics ASAP

Gerry

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Congratulations!

And, welcome to NICO!

Z

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

Good luck with your new car. I am sure you will enjoy it a bunch. I am not certain you know this, but you can disable the LDWS. I know I read it somewhere in one of ton of manuals you get with the car. Happy Motoring.

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

It can be done.

See page 2-35 in the manual."Push the LDW switch again or restart the engine to turn the system on. Modes can be changed to automatic mode or manual mode by pushing and holding the LDW switch for more than 4 seconds while the LDW system ON indicator is off. See 'Lane departure warning (LDW) system' in the '5. Starting and driving' section."

I've been annoyed by this also. But I've been enjoying my 5.1 BOSE to where I never hear the beeps. If one did want to use the LDW then Infiniti should have given an option to adjust the volume of the warning. It's useless unless all audio is off.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

LDW seems to work great, except in rain, snow, direct sunlight or when there is no snow, but snow on the roads, when the fill the cracks in the road with the tar...

in other words, its a cool feature, but wow is it sensative!I've also used the stereo to mute out the beeps, but I will try turning it off next;

It would be REALLY nice to be able to set the on/off speed yourself, I find it works best on highway speeds, but comes on when you on a city road just moving a good clip;tk

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

The manual notes conditions when the LDW wouldn't work well. I'm going to disable mine since it's a bit annoying. I just hate that I'm about to disable a likely expensive part of my car. New technology doesn't come cheap.

I've read about some other car maker messing with sleep warning such as a camera that will watch your eyes in case you blink too long. Serious stuff though. Next we'll just have wires connected to our heads to check brain waves.

Well that wouldn't work since many people on the road seem to lack adequate brain waves when they're driving awake.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Just remember that when they come out with these new features, likely they came out with oen thing (like the laser cruise control) and it can do a few things.....

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”