New Nissan Rogue : Need Tips

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Kash
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 FWD

HiI became a proud owner of Nissan Rogue 2009 FWD and a member of this forum today.Its once of the nicest CUVs on the lot.What I really liked about this forum is that the posts discuss issues with a positive mindset unlike other car forums where what everyone does is complain ,crib and brood over smallest issues.

This is the first time I am buying a car and am not familiar with care that Nissan Rogue with CVT might need.

Would appreciate any tips/help/advise on this (example how to drive during Break In period, How do I know Break In period is over, Extended Warranty: To buy or not to buy, Oil Change, any precautions etc that could help.Thanks

philipa_240sx

Welcome to the forum Kash!

To anser some of you questions:
Kash wrote:This is the first time I am buying a car and am not familiar with care that Nissan Rogue with CVT might need.
The CVT requires very little in the way of maintenance. Fluid changes are about the only item and they are not required until you have alot of mileage... 100,000mi or more? The CVT fluid change interval is calculated by the CVT computer... when to take it in for regular service the dealer can check this to determine if a fluid change is required.
Kash wrote:how to drive during Break In period, How do I know Break In period is over?
The break-in schedule is listed on page 5-20,5-21 in your owners manual.

Try to vary your driving as much as possible for the first 1200mi. Avoid highways, long periods of constant speed, heavy acceleration, and high speed.

For the engine and transmission to fully break-in takes 4000+ miles. After that period your fuel economy should increase.
Kash wrote:Extended Warranty: To buy or not to buy
I personally do not believe in them. Would you give someone several thousand dollars interest free for 3,4,5 or more years in the hopes you may someday have a claim? IMHO your money is better spent by investing it and collecting the interest yourself.
Kash wrote:Oil Change, any precautions etc that could help.Thanks
Follow Nissan's maintenance schedule regarding oil change intervals. The engine in the Rogue is very low maintenance. There isn't much to do besides changing oil and the oil & air filters. Spark plugs are good for 100,000+ mi. No tune ups are needed, no timing belts to replace.

Some other tips:

- Have the brakes cleaned and inspected once per year.- Read the sticky regarding scratching of lower door sills at the top of the forum. There is a quick fix to prevent the problem.- Keep your vehicle clean.

Kash
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 FWD

Thanks for your tips. Appreciate it.

Return to “Rogue Forum”