New member with a few questions

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
skysm45
Car: 2003 M45

Hi,

I just picked up a 03 M45 with 29K.

I do have a weird issue though. When I pull of the line, the car bogs hard, and then accelerates suddenly. This happens whether in drive or using the manual shifter. Also from the drivers side, off the line a noise eminating from the engine bay sounds line a "header" or exhaust leak, but Im unsure.

Any ideas??

infinititech1

thats vdc...if your tires start to slip or spin it will cut the power so they dont spin

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

infinititech1 wrote:thats vdc...if your tires start to slip or spin it will cut the power so they dont spin
Yup!

Try shutting the VDC down (switch is on the lower left of the dash - left of the steering wheel) and see how it behaves!

Z

skysm45
Car: 2003 M45

Well I went to the mechanic today and it looks like the exhaust manifold had a leak...and then upon further wrenching turned out to be a crack!

Supposedly that is attached to the cat and all of it needs replacing.

He said that'd pretty much cause a huge loss in hp.

I have to take the car back to the dealer. Since the car is at 29K I hope its replaced.

Any thoughts??

infinititech1

take it to dealer...should be warranty

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

skysm45 wrote:Well I went to the mechanic today and it looks like the exhaust manifold had a leak...and then upon further wrenching turned out to be a crack!

Supposedly that is attached to the cat and all of it needs replacing.

He said that'd pretty much cause a huge loss in hp.

I have to take the car back to the dealer. Since the car is at 29K I hope its replaced.

Any thoughts??
Wow. I missed that portion of your original post entirely - must be getting old . Yes, this sounds like a dealer and warranty issue. At 29k miles, you are well within that range.

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”