General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
ROGERRAMJET
Car: I own 2 Infiniti M30 Convertibles as well as 2 Infiniti M30 Coupes

Hello everyone. This is my very first post. My name is Marc. I live in Las Vegas, NV and am the owner of 4 Infiniti M30's. I have 2 '92 white convertibles, 1 black 91 coupe and 1 white 91 coupe, ranging from 59k to 128k miles. My coupes are both in pristine condition inside and out. However both of my convertibles are in need of desperate TLC. One of the convertibles has a flawless body (Nevada car) but the suspension and interior is totally shot and very unsafe to drive, but zero rust. On the other hand my 2nd convertible (Boston car) has a great suspension and interior but is a total rust bucket in places. I don't believe I'm going to have the finances nor the time to restore both of them to a pristine condition. That being said, what do you guys think would be the most sensible route to take when trying to make one good car out of the two?

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Welcome to NICO!

I'd say your best bet would be to drop the subframes on the Boston car and swap them over to the Nevada car. You'd have to disconnect the brakes from the hard lines, the fuel lines from the hard lines, the radiator and hoses, and the steering shaft from the rack and pinion.

The toughest thing to change in the interior would be the dash. The seats should unbolt easily.
Post some pictures!

ROGERRAMJET
Car: I own 2 Infiniti M30 Convertibles as well as 2 Infiniti M30 Coupes

Thank you for the input. However I failed to mention that the frame of the Boston car looks like a total rust pit. The struts, rack & pinion and other suspension components look and drive very well. I think financially I might be better off to swap the struts and other suspension components to the vegas car as well as swap the interior. The Boston car only has 78K on it where the Vegas car has 128K but when I did the normal engine checks on the Boston car, the air filter was so clogged I'm surprised it ran at all. On the other hand the Vegas car may have 50K more miles but it runs great and I have years of documented maintenance. My deduction...the person whom owed the Boston car didn't give a s*** about maintaining it, even though the interior is in great shape. The Vegas car body and frame are completely rust free, its suspension and interior are completely wasted. I've come to the realization that there is no way to save both cars but I think that I need to use the frame and body of the Vegas car and potentially the engine/transmission too? Additionally, I have a spare VG30E engine that I'm rebuilding that I may install in the winner...BUT, I would love to install a different engine model that has more balls? And yes, I'll snap some photos of the cars this weekend and post. Again, thank you for the input.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Yeah that's what I'm saying, swap the suspension over from the boston car to the vegas car... I was just mentioning it might be easier to drop the entire subframe and swap it as opposed to doing them 1 by 1.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”