Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
CA18 RS13
Car: non-fwd japanese sports cars

wow.... here i am spending most of my time on freshalloy like an idiot when this huge wealth of info is sitting here under my nose. some very very nice CA18's on this forum, makes me both envious and inspired :D .neways i am starting up a site at http://www.ca18det.net that is a tribute to the engine we love and will have info on all aspects as well as build-ups and such, list of part interchangability, swap info, vendors that make parts for the engine etc... so if you want to have a video or picture of your car up, or provide me with a write up of how you got a 60-1 turbo to fit on a LHD car using a HKS manifold (movingviolation!!!!!!! :eek: ) just let me know at [email protected]. this along with another european forum i have recently been informed of will be my new home hopefully since reading about how the SR was forged by the hand of zues becomes tiresome to me. neways you all seem very knowledgable and anyone that loves the CA is obviously cool.... soooooo peace out

dan240sx
Car: anal lube

sweet car you have there! i look forward to your site too! But you've got it all wrong, the ka24de god's ride! recognize! good luck with your site!

Daunttless

Ignore Dan, he's an idiot.

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

I'm not sure if you saw my post on FA or on here about everything that switches over....

the bearings, oil pump, waterpump, rods, crank, rings, headgasket, headbolts, rodbolts, manifold gaskets (intake and exhaust), injector seals, thermostat's, O2 sensor's, and oil filters all work from the CA18DE.

as far as making everything fit, that was quite an experience. I'm running a Datsun 210 brake booster, 300zxTT master cylinder, and a Quest minivan resivour. All put together with custom brackets and a custom downpipe. It wasn't too hard to put together, just took us like 3 days to get it all setup how we wanted it (rather time consuming).

I'm freinds with a lot of the guys on the european boards, although I don't post on there much. I'll have to get with you offline somtime and trade names.

catch up with you later,

PaulOrlando, FL

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”