Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
Catname
Car: Aquariums

Hello Everyone!

This is Catname, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself and my 1994 Q45. It's silver, excellent condition with @ 111,000 miles. I bought it from a local Inifiniti dealer who had it delivered from Arizona when I bought it @ 6 years ago.

I'm a IT (Information Technology) Manager with a large Insurance Company here in Ohio.

I justed wanted to commend the response I received about my keyless entry remote control problem. I'm still working the issue with the Inifiniti dealer, but hopefully it will get resolved soon. Lately, been having real problems with the Service and Parts personnel. Not sure WHY, but this has been the worse service I've experienced since I owned the car.

I hope to be able to share good news about the remote issue. I have an appt. this week for this problem and U-links???.

Has anyone had any expereience with this? The car is squeezing very badly, I thought is was shocks/struts?

Thanks again!

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

Welcome Catname! Poor (and incompetent and expensive) service is why many of us turn wrenches on weekends. The upper links are a common problem on the Qs (replace every 60k, I think). Sometimes replacing just 1 is enough, but if it's been a while, then do them both. If you own a jack and some tools, it really is a 20-30 minute job to do both of them. Each link is held in with 2 bolts. The parts you can get from Scottsdale Infiniti (1-888-216-5328) for about $105 each; your dealership will most likely charge you %25 more, in addition to the labor. You'll find the search fumction on the forum very useful. Hopefully they'll get the old forum fully integrated soon--tons of info there.

911/Q45
Car: Autos, Fitness

An option to what Dadealus told you are the Stillen adjustable upper links. They are about $500 the pair, but should last forever, as you can grease them. The fact that they are adjustable gives you more options for correct wheel alignment, especially if you upgrade your suspension.

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”