New member saying "Hi", and a quick question...

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
M.45ACP
Car: 06 M45 Sport

Hello everyone! I hope that this post finds you all well. My name is Matt, and I just bought an 06 M45 Sport (Black/graphite, technology pkg, MES, aero pkgs) over the weekend. First off, I'd like to say that I'm thrilled to death with the car, and I can honestly say that this is the nicest car I have owned to date. Previous to my M45, I had an 02 E46 M3 SMG, and an 03 CLK55 AMG after that. Both were fantastic cars, and while each did have an advantage or two over the M45, over all, I think my M45 is the nicest car of the three.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the M45's handling, and I can't help but to feel like I'm driving some luxury variant of the Skyline. I recall reading that there was speculation that the next gen Skyline was going to be based on an upgraded FM platform, and be equipped with a V8 (Although I understand that it will be a tt V6 after all), so I guess that it's no small wonder that I'm making that comparison.

While there may be some small drop in outright performance, especially compared to my M3, I feel very strongly that a stock M45 is still more than capable for a street driven car. Around where I live the roads are just too crowded and congested to be able to drive anywhere near the ultimate capability of just about any of your modern sport sedans, and GT cars. At least it can't be done safely anyway.

Well, I could go and on about my thoughts and impressions, but I'll break them down into several threads. I do have one question in the meantime. It's my understanding that while the Bose stereo is capable of reading MP3 discs, it may not work well with certain CD-R's and CD-RW's. Is there any particular format that works better than others? Are there any other variables that could effect the sound performance or playback capability? Is there any difference in the blank CD's themselves? (i.e., is one brand better than another?) My last car couldn't play burned CD's MP3's at all, so I'm pretty much a nob with the whole CD burning business. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreceiated!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting involved with the forum. Take care...

Best regards, Matt

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO!

Thanks for the lengthy initial post and driving impressions. Pictures would also be cool!

Also, please vote in the poll on which model M you have!

Inre the question on CD-R's, I do not know the answer for the new M, but in the older 2003 model, I can use just about any brand without problems. Have not tried CD-RW. Also have not tried MP3 disks, (since I am not a fan of that recording format, sorry! )

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”