New Member....Rock Bassist

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
2003PATHFINDER2022
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5
2006 Nissan 350Z

Hello. after a quick scan of e few posts let me please give those of you my personal opinion...If you steal others music riffs from the net, if you scratch up record albums and yell thru a loud speaker at some rave club if you are a thug rap D J you are NOT A MUSICIAN! You never were, you are not now and you never will be qualified to call your self a musician, so stop, just stop! Makes me think of my other pet peeve, If you own one of those ugly oversized SUV autos IT IS NOT "MY TRUCK" it was never a TRUCK, it is not now a TRUCK and it will never be a TRUCK! so stop with that, just stop! ha ha.
For my fellow bass players on here I need to brag about my gear i spent thousands $ shipping to my new home in Costa Rica. I played in many cover bands back in the time when people actually, wrote, played, recorded and endlessly toured to sell their craft, not like those auto tune, Disney guitar hero lap top super stars out there (you know who you are).
My tone comes from my 1970s collection of Acoustic Control Group 371 bass amps have three cabinets and 9 heads. My guitars are all custom painted 1980s Yamaha BX1 units. Zero shoulder weight thin neck and lightening fast to play. I do not play Snap Crackle and Pop nor did ever even attempt to play 'slap n pop' that ain't bass. My tone from my devices of choice is deep, warm and rich, a wave that comes from those reverse mounted 18" Eminence drivers with the heads set with zero treble, mid range, full bass and usually volume set a 2 on the dial. Most players see the bass as just another guitar that must be volume maxed to compete with the guitars and keys, actually a bass guitar is more like a drum than a guitar hence the 'Rhythm Section" designation. I hit em with a power wave not volume, bass is felt best in the chest not the ears. As far as the BX1 s I never use the tail pc. pick up neck pick up only, zero treble or mid and the punch button on the soap box style Humbucker pick ups is always on. Once I finally found the tone I wanted I sold my collection of Kustom and Ampeg amps, got ride of all those shoulder killing hard to keep in tune Fender Precision bass guitars and never looked back. I mostly play stadium/concert rock here at home (no where to play down here) and try to master at least a new song or two a week to ad to my play list. I would never want to be young today and have missed what we had in the 60, 70 and 80 decades just like our cars back then we just didn't know just what we had until it all went away!
Any REAL rockers out there twas nice to meet ALL YA'LL, feel free to let me know about your gear, your style and if you are still finding good places to play out. Rock on

Return to “The Music Room”