New Member, doing an RB20DET into a S14.

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Synthium
Car: Making Cars Faster

Hello, I'm a new member and i own a shop in Charleston, SC. I use to frequent the Audiworld.com forums. I'm now trying to sell my A4 and i'm building up an S14 with an RB20DET engine and an S15 front end...plus tons of other mods. I just wanted to say hello. AND i will have more power with the RB20DET than i would with the RB26DETT. Because of the price difference. By the time you get all the money together to just buy the 26 strait up, you can buy a 20, put a huge turbo on it, and bigger injectors, and recode the ECU and be faster than the RB26 in it's stock form. And you have spent the same amount of money as someone else buying an RB26 with zero mods.

FLAME SUIT ON

i figured i would start a fight on my first post ;)

RWDnot RICE
Car: Wheels

man i can't wait to see this argument unfold! (RWD douses himself in fire retardant spray, to aviod getting a sunburn from all the negative discourse)

ChickenBoo

wow... look at that flame go.... i'll go get the marshmallows... good call guys : )

meggala

just a quick one re the rb20 in the s14 personally I would go either rb 25 or sr 20 yeah the sr has been done to death but the rb20 is older..Btw I own an rb20 equipped r32 skyline.as for power 400-450 hp from the rb20 on an unopened engine is possible but similar if not higher out puts can be had from the sr'sif you want to be different why not put a !jzgte in your s14 its been done a couple of times in Australia where Ilive and in japan.that would turn a few heads and the motors aren't that dear. only draw back is every thing is on opposite sides.

heck I saw an r33 4door with an sr 20 in it for sale in japan today and the japs were biddign it right up.jsut a though but if your going to do it the rb 25 or sr is the better option.meggala

btw if you dont believe me re the sr in the r33 check here

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co...33713

neurovish

Synthium wrote:Hello, I'm a new member and i own a shop in Charleston, SC. I use to frequent the Audiworld.com forums. I'm now trying to sell my A4 and i'm building up an S14 with an RB20DET engine and an S15 front end...plus tons of other mods. I just wanted to say hello. AND i will have more power with the RB20DET than i would with the RB26DETT. Because of the price difference. By the time you get all the money together to just buy the 26 strait up, you can buy a 20, put a huge turbo on it, and bigger injectors, and recode the ECU and be faster than the RB26 in it's stock form. And you have spent the same amount of money as someone else buying an RB26 with zero mods.

FLAME SUIT ON

i figured i would start a fight on my first post ;)
so....you're putting an rb20 in instead of an rb26 because the rb20 is cheaper and will give you more money for mods?...yet you're putting on an s15 front endthere's your price difference between the rb20 and rb26...rb25 at the vey least

Synthium
Car: Making Cars Faster

first: SR20 is a cheaply made engine. It was produced to cost less to manufacture than its predessesor.

second: The front end of the car doesn't really have tht much to do with the engine. Besides...it's much cheaper than you think. Except for the Ings body kit i'm using....but even thats pretty cheap when you buy at wholesale.

By the way, i sell JIC-Magic, 5Zigen, JUN, Ings, Bomex...and many other brands. If you need anything from these guys...let me know. I would love to hook up some fellow 240sx drivers.

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

RB20 is no less of a quality product than an SR. The RB 20 suffers from poor cooling to the last cylinder. And really, why do an S15 conversion? With that money you can have more mods done to the engine. It might be just me, but I'm a bit anal about putting a 89-94 (not sure when the ran the RB20 to) into a newer car. The engine should at least be from the same time frame...but that is just me. If you are gonna put an RB20 into anything, put it in a Z31...it belongs there.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”