New MAF Sensor?

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Fosty
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4 2WD

I think my MAF sensor is crapping out and may need to replace it.
Should I get another OEM one or should I go for something expensive like a Jet Powr-Flo?
https://www.carid.com/jet/powr-flo-mass ... plications

I hear these don't do much unless you've got a cold air intake, but maybe I'll buy one of those too!

I don't care about costs right now. I was going to buy a truck but now my wife refuses to co-sign on the loan so f*** it I'm going to spend some money on this thing.

Also I think my A/C could be crapping out too. How long does it take for yours to cool the car down? Some days it takes about 10 minutes in triple digit temps so I'm wondering if it's normal or not.

Fosty
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4 2WD

Never mind, I watched some videos and they said CAIs don't do much unless I do some other stuff.

macgiver

It's good to get those little round thermometers that you stick in your vents - takes the mystery out of A/C
output. A dark color car will take much longer , along with the level of insulation plus if the plastic AND leather is used profusley throughout your interior that retains a lot of heat ( BTU's) . If blower IS weak or has become weak is always a big factor . Triple digits ARE taxing. My white car has inferior blower strength AND not so good A/C cooling - BUT being white it can become cool fast especially with cloth seats. Another HUGE factor is interior room - a little Juke we have is just a few cubic feet - cools quicker than SH!$$!TT .

That little thermometer will be very revealing - you'll know if system is waining at all.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”