new M37 owner - will adding some switches work?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
artandscience
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x, Brilliant Silver, Graphite

Hi all,

I know that on our Japanese cars, they generally have complete wiring harnesses. I saw a video the other day of a fellow adding a seat heater switch and enabling his seat heaters with a simple addition.

Now, I don't believe that this will work in all (or perhaps even most) cases, but I'm wondering if it is worth acquiring a few used switches and seeing if they enable any additional functionality.

I have a 2012 M37X (75k miles) I just bought and I would like to see if it's possible to enable:
  • heated steering wheel
  • intelligent brake assist
  • warning systems
I realize it may be a fool's errand but very interested to know if any of these systems might have been installed by default.

cheers..

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Infiniti is a bit more prone to "one harness fits all" scenarios than Nissan because the cars are higher-end, so I won't say it's impossible. The smart brakes and warning systems are probably a pipe-dream because you'll need different software in multiple places even if the wiring is there, but "directly-driven" systems like the heated wheel might be possible. I don't think I'd go buying switches and crossing my fingers, though. The wiring and harness diagrams are all here in Nico, just see if all the needed sockets and wires are there. The harness layouts are in the Power and Ground (PG) section, and here's the section for your heated wheel. The WD is on ST-10:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 2%2FST.pdf

artandscience
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x, Brilliant Silver, Graphite

Many thanks.. yes, I don't expect things like sensors were installed and left unused.. but some stuff, maybe..

Yoda's Master
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z

heated steering wheel
- possibly, if your steering wheel has the heating element

intelligent brake assist
- Definitely not. You need to change hardware at the booster and abs unit and buy the front sensor, but you might need the software flashed to the bcm.

warning systems
- IDK. What kind are you thinking of? Probably not.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”