New M35 / M45 Exhaust System

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
NVR EASY
Car: 06 M45 Sport (sold) - 08 G35S

Hey Guys, I just bought a new M45 sport and thought it needed some exhaust sound. My dealer in SoCal told me of a guy that just made a system for M45's. He let me try 2 different set-ups and I picked a 6 blade system. Company is called PowerTone http://www.powertone.com I have an incredible sound at light throttle with a huge increase of torque, as you push the throttle harder the sound dissapears. Some new patent this guy came up with? There is no noise on the highway or wide open throttle. Start up sound is awesome and it looks great/not punky. If anyone is interested I can take a picture and e-mail it to you. Let me know
Modified by NVR EASY at 4:24 AM 4/7/2006

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Pardon my disbelief, but you are kidding, right?

Wasn't it enough that the "vortex in the intake" device was such a scam? Now, we have it in the exhaust and you get a power boost?

I am afraid that I am from Missouri - please show me with real dyno data. If it works, I will retract my words!

Yes, please also post pictures, and recordings of the sound too, if you can.

Z

jshattner

I could be quite interested. What do you mean by "huge increase of torque"? Did you do comparsons to stock? Where is the power noticeable? Off the line? Passing? High end? Or is it mostly an acoustic thing?

And what is the price?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

By the way, NVR EASY, welcome to NICO!

Please post pictures of your car when you get a chance!

Z

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

As the owner of a company that manufactures exhaust systems, I'm gonna have to call BS as well.

I could be convinced otherwise, and I'll apologize if I'm wrong, but this looks more like a "sales" post than a "satisfied customer" post.

M.45ACP
Car: 06 M45 Sport

I'm pretty wary of this exhaust as well. If the muffler somehow accelerated the exhaust flow to where the exhaust flow exits the muffler faster than it enters it, I could buy the concept, but I suspect that all the fan does is restrict exhaust flow. I'll say this, if the company is really hoping to sell a lot of these systems, they had better offer both a throrough explanation on how it works (The current description is vague), and better yet, independant dyno results...

Too bad, as Lord knows that there aren't a whole lot of exhaust systems for the M45...

Best regards, Matt

NVR EASY
Car: 06 M45 Sport (sold) - 08 G35S

No BS. I tried 2 systems from this guy as I didn't like the first one. The first was his 4 blade and the torque was not as good as factory which is weak to begin with. He then put on the 6 blade system and it is great. I bought the car new in Tustin, CA 3 weeks ago while I was working there and drove it home to Ohio last weekend. I am not saying there was a huge HP gain, there might be some, but the sound and look are great and it launches harder than stock. Thats my opinion, it sounds Ferrari good and doesn't have the little toilet paper roll tips coming out the back like the factory. You might be right about all the vortex'y - blade- whatever marketing stuff but there is no affordable exhaust out for this car. This was a 20 minute bolt on for under $500. I will post a picture shortly.
Modified by NVR EASY at 4:25 AM 4/7/2006

Joe

NVR EASY wrote: I am not saying there was a huge HP gain, there might be some, but the sound and look are great and it launches harder than stock. Thats my opinion, it sounds Ferrari good and doesn't have the little toilet paper roll tips coming out the back like the factory.
not to be an ***...but you need to have it dynoed before you make rediculous claims like that. the fact of the matter is you have no idea if you made power.

and ill guarntee it does not sound anything like a ferrari.

jshattner

Oh well, it's been over a week now since the thread started and I guess we scared Nvr Easy off. Too bad, I guess I was hoping for a miracle exhaust (and the fit sure looked good). Don't like the single-tip Stillen fit and I'm not sure about getting the Korean quad-tip model. But, in the end, if it's too good to be true it probably is... I saw some "vortex" mufflers at Canadian Tire the other day for about $39.99 if I wanted hot rod sound on my classy M that'd last 'til the rust set in!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”