New kid on the block

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
strollpatrol620
Car: 76' 620 long bed, 85' 720 nap-z

Hey everyone! I've bought my first 620 standard cab long bed about a year ago and I've been working majorly on the body and chassis from the bed back and I tell youguys out there it's not easy. I've removed the bed and sand blasted the bed and chassis then painted the whole thing with por-15. This would be my first major resoration project so I'm bound to have some flaws with it but over time I guess it'll get better. O! and just for all youguys out there that have questions about por-15 WARNING! Do not paint over por-15 while wet or even takky "about to dry" You would be verry dissapointed, I'm telling you from expierence. The paint will dry befor the por, and you'll start to see air bubbles avery where! I know it sucks! But starting over was even more stressfull. I bought this truck from a man who lives out in the middle of nowhere and he left it out to rought since it broke down in the mid 80's according to his records. He said that the motor was locked up and he said name your price and I was just jokeing and said $300 bucks! He said o.k. and My jaw just droped. And I was like ssswwweeeeeettt! I'll havesome pictures to share with youguys latter. so anyway I brought it back to my shop and started working on the motor by the way it's a 1976 L20b motor. I installed a new battery, spark plugs & wires, points, dis. cap and rotor button. when I installed a new bat. I saw that all the electrical system worked the lights and everything even the a/c blower motor and wippers too. After I put about $80 into it I tried cranking it and the starter didn't engage I removed the starter and sprayed wd-40 down in it reinstalled it and cranked the engine over and the motor started up with no problem. So be on the look out for some pictures of my 620 next time. See ya...

phlebmaster
Car: 1973 240z L26 4spd rip roar and ready to go!

Welcome to the family!

We like pics!!

strollpatrol620
Car: 76' 620 long bed, 85' 720 nap-z

sorry guys my personal computer is down so I have to temporarily use my shop's computer wich wount even let me play music But !!really!! I'll have some picks for ya latter.

Return to “Datsun 620”