New Ka-T build. T3/T4

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
RickyBobbyS13
Car: 1990 240Sx- S13

So i have a KA24DE with about ~60k miles on it. Im starting to piece together a turbo build and have a few questions i cannot seem to find answers to.
So to start i have a "no-name" t3/t4 turbo(i took it to a diesel turbo shop, they pulled it apart balanced and rewelded for safety)
I have the BOV that came with it and a an XSpower FMIC with all the piping. Have the turbo-manifold and will be taking the exhaust manifold to be braced and cut for expansion. Ive got a Walbro drop in 255LPH in take fuel pump and 370cc drop in injectors with an SAFC for the tune.
Now my questions, what size wastegate should i be using and will an AEM uego be sufficient?
Any input is highly appreciated and yes, i have searched around and looked at plenty of other KA-T build topics but no one seems to post about their wastegates.
Thanks again

hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

A 38mm wastegate should be sufficient. Remember a WG works more when you run lower boost. As long as you have a nice manifold (smooth entry to the WG), you should be fine.

As for brands, Tial is the standard, and I've heard good things about JGS's 40mm WG.

Uego is a wideband oxygen sensor. It would work just fine.

RickyBobbyS13

Thanks alot! I was on Zilvia and found someone selling a 44MM HKS and am hoping to pick that up. He said he has the flange to make it bolt up to the manifold so it shouldnt be a problem. As far as a UEGO goes, is it 100% needed or is it just a great thing to have?

hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

The wideband is needed to tune your setup. It can be done without it, but not properly IMO. My 2 cents: If your not gonna change your setup, it might be cheaper to have it tuned at a shop. If you know you'll be making changes, I'd buy a wideband and tune it myself.

Make sure the HKS WG will fit on your manifold. And you'll obviously have to remove the old flange and have the 44mm flange welded on.

RickyBobbyS13

Yeah, Ive got an SAFC2 and am ordering the Uego for sure. As far as SAFC tuning goes, thats a whole nother can of worms lol

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Your best bet is to go with a ROM tune, like Enthalpy or similar. The SAFC2 should be used for fine tuning only imho.

WD

neverlift

I am with wd, its very easy to pop ring lands with an afc. Get an fmu or a rom tune!
I'm starting to dabble in doing tunes for people(self tuning for a while on and off with different things), if you want to know more pm me. :naughty:
regardless try to stay away from the afc as a main source of tuning. :yesnod

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”