new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
mcheddadi
Car: R8

update? i had probs with that until i transferred the PMTidf.bin file from their site unto the micro sd card. after that, updateing worked.

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

mcheddadi wrote:update? i had probs with that until i transferred the PMTidf.bin file from their site unto the micro sd card. after that, updateing worked.
not sure what you are talking about, but my sd card works properly.

the tune for the 2.5 is not ready, id say 85%(guess) of the 2.5s are not able to be tuner due to the tuner not recognizing our engine numbers. Or the code not being written for our engine number.

Something like that ^

mcheddadi

ok so he told me (after making me wait 20 minutes lol) that I'd need to wait about a week for an update. they already have all the engine codes or whatever that they need and they are compiling and testing it as we speak on other 3.5Ls. sooo no performance tune for me untill next week at best.

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

mcheddadi wrote:ok so he told me (after making me wait 20 minutes lol) that I'd need to wait about a week for an update. they already have all the engine codes or whatever that they need and they are compiling and testing it as we speak on other 3.5Ls. sooo no performance tune for me untill next week at best.
I think you're the first 3.5 that the update didn't work on.... s***e, I was looking forward to your butt dyno's opinion

mcheddadi

maybe its because I have a 6MT

or canadian altimas are different

razah9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=109JwkoOAJM

Well I love it. From top down, A/F, Throttle, Intake temp, Coolant temp.+1 Timing, Premium Tune. Umm yea. Got dynostorm on my blackberryjust haven't gotten around to using it on a level 1/4 mi & no before figs.But on a crappy banking road it gave 240whp i dunno...

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Why is the intake temperature so high? < not sure of mine, ill check next time i drive

My coolant temp is a standard 188 at operating temperature

anybody care to educate me on these a/f numbers?

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

dldjros69 wrote:Why is the intake temperature so high? < not sure of mine, ill check next time i drive

My coolant temp is a standard 188 at operating temperature

anybody care to educate me on these a/f numbers?
My intake temp obviously depends on the actual temp outside, but when it's around 80 outside, the intake temp seems to be around 105. Makes sense considering the Fujita intake just sits under the hood taking in all that warm air from the engine.

As for the A/F numbers, that's the Air to Fuel Ratio. My understanding is 14.7 is the perfect ratio for gas (best ratio for best burn), and anything below that is rich (too much gas) and anything above that is lean (too much air). My understanding is also that our cars run on the rich side under WOT (as mine does), and if it were to be leaned-out, we could get a little more power. Just going by what I've heard, though.

I started a thread to try to get anyone who has the Bullydog to post their A/F ratios, so we could see if the Bullydog changed it at all or not:

http://forums.altimas.org/zero...urvey

razah9

I do have a 3.5 might be hotter engine bay than yours. Also coolant.

Someone's else's temp. Maybe stock gets cooler air but more airflowwith a wai? But whatever who knows what the ambient temp was...Maybe a vid with the car's outside temp displayed & check out intaketemp's relation to it might be worth a look. I just love all the numbers& info it gives off. For me it's worth 300 I'm just a gadget geek
grv575 wrote:
I'm stock 3.5L and intake temp stays around the 100-105 deg range. Coolant temps 200-210 usually. At what coolant temp should I set the warning to (what's too high)?

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

i have the k&n intake, when i drive tomorrow i wonder what my air temp will be. Does the stock airbox have a colder temp? Maybe its colder but gives less air?

A/F 14.7 parts air to 1 part fuel?

ill post in that thread after the tune is installed.

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

dldjros69 wrote:A/F 14.7 parts air to 1 part fuel?
Yeah, in terms of mass.
dldjros69 wrote:ill post in that thread after the tune is installed.
Great, thank you.

adidas2go
Car: Cycle through all kinds of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats 🤙
Once upon a time: 1st turbo Altima Coupe

Sentientbydesign wrote:
So, Robert, with all do respect, be a man and stop letting your desire to mod get the best of you.
Unnecessary. Not only is it a false stab, but its pathetic you would say something like that.

Shape this fuc*ing thread up, and I mean fast.

crayzitalian3
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S

hey guys, any news on the 2.5s, i tried to get intouch with them for about an hour but no one accepted my chat thing online.

look guys, there is no need for the moderators to step in here to calm some of us down, lets let things happen as they come. no need to put people down or anything.

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

crayzitalian3 wrote:hey guys, any news on the 2.5s, i tried to get intouch with them for about an hour but no one accepted my chat thing online.
Same here

i put my name, n/a for business, email, phone number

question - update status, wot

I bet they can choose to answer the chat or not. i tried to initiate it like 20 times at all hours of the day.

Im gonna change my info tomorrow and fool them, unless they track ip's

When i call it seems like the person on the other end plays dumb, and then half way thru the call it ends up coming out that they know what i was talking about the whole time

crayzitalian3

they don't track it, but each time they accept you, you get a ticket number, so when i type my ticket number, the guy i dealt with last time would recognize it and accept me, but he hasn't, idk why but he hasn't.

so hopefully tomorrow will be the day!

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Normally i work early in the morning 6-7am but tomorrow is my late night so i dont start til like 1130. So BD opens at 10am. I call when my clock hits 1001 and i usually get thru right away. Maybe call them in the am.

i will be calling tomorrow this is getting ridiculous. They just told mehdi another week from today.

mcheddadi

dldjros69 wrote:NoThey just told mehdi another week from today.
lol! I don't mind waiting another week since I'm waiting for rear camber arms that should be here on friday or monday. my camber is soo out of whack I keep tire squeeling my way through corners lol. I tried the 0-100kph (0-62mph) thing once and I got 8.4 sec LOOOOL! this tuner thing even without the downloadble features is so packed with options, its staggering.

I love it. best 300$ I spent. finally I can have a little software control over the car (a little bit more when I finally get that update next week lol).

install was super noob friendly. I used nurseyboy's fuse and crazyitalian's little tutorial and it worked perfectly!

I need that install file bad!!! i can't wait to know how y-pipe + intake + TUNE + HLSD + new 235 pirelli ZERO and coilover feels on the track!!! oh god!

(notice how I changed from not minding the wait to lusting over the update lol)

crayzitalian3

lol i know how you feel man, im dying to get it.

how are the Pzero's i was considering them, but i stuck with my S.drives. my next set of tires, if i ever need them, would be this bridgestone tire (forgot the name) that was in a test in Road and Track. It was rated number one out of 10 tires and mine was in there and it was rated 6

im glad my little tutorial helped!!

i really hope this tune is done, i really want to cry, 2 weeks ago i bought premium gas because i thought it would be ready by now, but i just ran out today lol so i guess i will be filling up on premium again just incase the tune is done and i can try the premium tune out

JDRosenberg07
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5 6MT

rjdmmfl1 wrote:
I may have read this wrong, but I thought the paper stated that the WOT was NOT available on our cars ... I thought our engine already allows WOT at all RPM's, but I could be way off on that so please don't quote me...

also, I don't remember if the speedo calibrator was supposed to be offered on our cars, and I too was bummed about that as that's the last thing I really wanted to change...
I thought the problem with our WOT was that once you hit like 80 or 90 mph ( on a 2.5 at least) it would cut throttle back to like 20% or something like that. I know it slows down acceleration a lot when you get up there but I haven't gone that fast in a long time so I don't remember exactly how much.

I looked at the PDF again and it just states that the WOT limiter and speedo calibration are for nissan/infiniti not specifically the A/C. It's on page 4 of this thread about 15 posts or so from the top. It was Mehdi's second post on the page.

I'd still like to find out if they plan on doing a speedo calibration update for the A/C tho

grv575

razah9 wrote:I do have a 3.5 might be hotter engine bay than yours. Also coolant.

Someone's else's temp. Maybe stock gets cooler air but more airflowwith a wai? But whatever who knows what the ambient temp was...Maybe a vid with the car's outside temp displayed & check out intaketemp's relation to it might be worth a look. I just love all the numbers& info it gives off. For me it's worth 300 I'm just a gadget geek
I'd be more worried about high coolant temps. When the car gets around 210 it seems to try to get that # down (rev the fans higher?). I don't consider the car warmed up enough to floor it until it hits 190 and then 200-205 seems to be the sweet spot.

As for the intake temperature, that gets pretty high 140-150 when the car is just idling. I suppose it doesn't have a good mechanism to get the hot air away from the engine. But as soon as you get to speed and cruise for a minute, the outside air will bring the intake temp right down to around 100.
crayzitalian3 wrote:hey guys, any news on the 2.5s, i tried to get intouch with them for about an hour but no one accepted my chat thing online.
Don't use the online chat thing. I tried it several times and noone connected. But I called their support # just afterward and got a tech right away. They do respond to email though (there's some form to send them mail).

LinkNuc
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE Super Black 6MT, Loaded minus Moon Roof Deflector

I don't understand Mehdi, please explain to me how its the best 300 dollars you ever spent on something that doesn't work yet? I love your photoshop godness and the willingness to try everything, but I can not take your opinion on performance mods seriously, and that is what I look for when deciding what to buy, people that try the mods but don;t drink the kool-aid. Please prove me wrong with some numbers if you ever get this thing working.

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

LinkNuc wrote:I don't understand Mehdi, please explain to me how its the best 300 dollars you ever spent on something that doesn't work yet? I love your photoshop godness and the willingness to try everything, but I can not take your opinion on performance mods seriously, and that is what I look for when deciding what to buy, people that try the mods but don;t drink the kool-aid. Please prove me wrong with some numbers if you ever get this thing working.
Your not getting any numbers, there are no numbers to get. Has any else went to the dyno after any other mods.

Just drop it dont buy this piece of s**t mod. < Stop worrying about it.

Do we have to hear kool-aid every time you post. Just let it go.

Read the review and you will see why its so great of a product. Here is the deal, if the tune isnt out in a month, im sending it back and getting a full refund. But all in all the little unit is set up really well and has a ton of potential. But as some have said they rushed the release (probably because of doc ) but its got some bugs to work out. Look windows has been out for 20 years now and it still does work.

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

What is this rear camber arms you are talking about?

JDRosenberg07
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5 6MT

yeah i need some rear camber arms too cause im a little too negative in the back since my drop and im wearin the inside of my tires. but i tought they didnt make one for the a/c

crayzitalian3

i need a new suspension, my suspension in the rear sounds like when your trying to make sweet passionate love with your one and only and you start to go for it on the bed and it starts to squeak and ruin your moment, psshhh what a C*ck Block

mcheddadi

dldjros69 wrote:What is this rear camber arms you are talking about?
i'm getting those on friday . no more extreme camber for me
JDRosenberg07 wrote:yeah i need some rear camber arms too cause im a little too negative in the back since my drop and im wearin the inside of my tires. but i tought they didnt make one for the a/c
they don't but I'm trying out the unviersal g35/350z ones!
crayzitalian3 wrote:i need a new suspension, my suspension in the rear sounds like when your trying to make sweet passionate love with your one and only and you start to go for it on the bed and it starts to squeak and ruin your moment, psshhh what a C*ck Block
the rear springs might have came off of the rubber sleeve. try reinstalling the rear. (seriously its 10 minutes per rear side. no springs compressor required or anything for the rear just a the cranklift thing and a axle stand). should stop the sound. also could be water behind the sleeve making that sound.

mcheddadi

LinkNuc wrote:I don't understand Mehdi, please explain to me how its the best 300 dollars you ever spent on something that doesn't work yet?
doesn't work COMPLETELY. I can still do timing advance and do 0-100kph test or 1/4 mile test and use ALL the monitoring features and g-meters and get graph for speed . plus the engine error code reader and lots of extra features I forgot. any of those things separately would cost 300$.

plus like i said. this thing has crazy potential when the downloadable tunes get here. until then I give it a 7 out of 10 for all the stuff we can do with it and ease of use. when the tuning features get here it will probably either lower my score to 6.5 if it doesn't do shizzle, but if it does then "OHHH YEAH!!" (koolaid style)

gearhead05
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

mcheddadi wrote: but if it does then "OHHH YEAH!!" (koolaid style)

crayzitalian3

mehdi, i have no idea how to do that lol, if i had a DIY written up i would def give it a go

i wish this tune was done already holy crap

mcheddadi

http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=320251there you go. rear springs start just before picture 17.

don't look at the pics before 17, it will only intimidate you. seriously the rear is soo easy. you don't even need to tie a rope around the rear spring like they did on the write up. just remove wheel. put jack below the springs "clamper" then remove the big a** bolt and then lower the jack so that the spring "clamper" gradually lets go of the springs. SUPER EASY

Return to “Altima General Discussions”