new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
grv575

crayzitalian3 wrote:you have to flip the switch done, don't know how the power still generates through, but it does, so flipping the switch downs results in cutting the power to the bullydog tuner
Have you tried waiting 20-30 seconds after shutting off the car to see if the unit powers off then? The car powers the windows and sunroof for that long after the car is turned off.

crayzitalian3
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S

it probably works like that, but i have mine wired to the in cabin fuse box

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

gearhead05 wrote:I have a quick question for anyone that has the tuner. Once you apply a tune, can you revert back to the stock one?

I ask because I've had my car just under a year and still take it to the dealer for scheduled maintenance. I wouldn't want them to refuse service because I've messed with the tune/ecu. Thanks in advance.
yes, there's an option in the menu to switch back to the factory tune... however, acording to the manual... if you take it to the dealer, and they use the OBDIi port to read an error code on your car and erase it, then that will automatically switch the car back to the factory tune (with speed limiter, idle set point, etc)

gearhead05
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

rjdmmfl1 wrote:
yes, there's an option in the menu to switch back to the factory tune... however, acording to the manual... if you take it to the dealer, and they use the OBDIi port to read an error code on your car and erase it, then that will automatically switch the car back to the factory tune (with speed limiter, idle set point, etc)
Thank you

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

[QUOTE=rjdmmfl1 if you take it to the dealer, and they use the OBDIi port to read an error code on your car and erase it, then that will automatically switch the car back to the factory tune (with speed limiter, idle set point, etc)[/QUOTE]

Is that bully dog being sneaky taking care of us???

i like that!

mastersapo
Car: 2008 2.5 S Altima Coupe 6MT

Had the premium tune in and reverted it to "stock" today before I took it in for service at Nissan. Nissan acted none the wiser so I'm guessing its fine. A friend of mine with neptune on his Audi just resets to factory every time he takes it in and they never notice either. Does anyone get s*** from nissan for having an intake? I am aware of the legality of it but still curious none the less.

gearhead05
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

mastersapo wrote: Does anyone get s*** from nissan for having an intake? I am aware of the legality of it but still curious none the less.
I've never had a problem. I just took it in a couple weeks ago for my 15,000 mile maintenance and I told the guy that they didn't need to bother with changing the air filter because I have an aftermarket intake. He was just like "Alrighty then" and noted on the service log.

SHIFT_confucius
Car: 08AltiCoupe 2.5 6M silver

Gotta say...My first impression is that this has turned out to be one of the bigger impact mods for me yet. As much as the springs & rear sway bar did for the handling. The response\pull in my mid-range gears feels much stronger and that's with my air cond running on an 80 degree afternoon. No numbers to prove anything, but I know how my 2.5\MT can struggle if I stomp on it when I'm in 2nd or 3rd and at the lower end of the revs. No supercar change, but a nice improvement.

I'm moderately tuned for now; standard fuel, +1 advanced, bumped redline & top end.

Also, worked without drama. I set the car profile up ahead of time, hooked it to the OBDI and started selecting the specific vehicle. Download ran a while, and when the engine fan kicked on (even though my engine was off, parked in the garage, and hadn't been running for 12 hours), it freaked me out a bit. It finished doing it thing and was ready. I did have to wait to set the 'special features' settings until the engine was at operating temp.

Only using the HDMI cable for now. Will install once I figure out where I want to park it.

mastersapo
Car: 2008 2.5 S Altima Coupe 6MT

I tried out the 0-100 kmh test and the performance test. I am getting seriously slow numbers. Is anyone else having that problem? I'm thinking its integrating off the accelerometer value to get the "speed" and "distance" as it relates to the meter. In so doing, I'm guessing there is latency resulting in a delay?

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

mastersapo wrote:I tried out the 0-100 kmh test and the performance test. I am getting seriously slow numbers. Is anyone else having that problem? I'm thinking its integrating off the accelerometer value to get the "speed" and "distance" as it relates to the meter. In so doing, I'm guessing there is latency resulting in a delay?
Yeah, I've gotten pretty low numbers too. Granted I haven't tested it seriously yet (it's hard to find a place around here that's nice and flat and straight with no traffic), but I've used it at a few stoplights and the best 0-100 kph (which is 62 mph, right?) I got was like 6.6 sec, which is close to what the car is supposed to do stock. With all the mods I have, I expect to be much faster than that. (I have Dynolicious also and had gotten as low as 5.4 seconds to 60 before I got the Y-Pipe and Bullydog. I need to run both Dynolicious and Bullydog and compare. If anyone else can as well, that'd be great.) Maybe it's the unit or maybe Dynolicious is off or maybe it was me not trying too seriously..

LinkNuc
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE Super Black 6MT, Loaded minus Moon Roof Deflector

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT NUMBERS! All i hear is "feel" and "butt dyno" and "pulls harder". I don;t want dynolicious for storm or iphone either. I call BS until I see an actual dyno with a M/T.

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

3 bills20% success rateQuestionable testsDebatable performance...

Sounds awesome! Where do I buy one?

BrianAdams03
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE CVT

Sentientbydesign wrote:3 bills20% success rateQuestionable testsDebatable performance...

Sounds awesome! Where do I buy one?
Seems to be a 100% success rate for the 3.5's and a 20% on the 2.5's.
LinkNuc wrote:THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT NUMBERS! All i hear is "feel" and "butt dyno" and "pulls harder". I don;t want dynolicious for storm or iphone either. I call BS until I see an actual dyno with a M/T.
If I had a manual, I would have already done a dyno but unfortunately, I don't. I'm going to try to do some dynolicous runs after dinner tonight IF it doesn't rain AGAIN today. We've had 2 weeks+ everyday of on and off rain and haven't been able to find a dry, safe road to run down. But praying tonight will be the night.

Throckmorton
Car: 2007 Altima

LinkNuc:

"THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT NUMBERS! All i hear is "feel" and "butt dyno" and "pulls harder". I don;t want dynolicious for storm or iphone either. I call BS until I see an actual dyno with a M/T"

Sentienbydesign:

"3 bills20% success rateQuestionable testsDebatable performance... Sounds awesome! Where do I buy one?"

By careful here. Some of these Placebo Effecters will be upset with you because of your negative vibes. Some might even call you bad names.

It is not proper to question the highly scientific methods that disciples of The Church of The Magic Bullet use to publicize the results of their latest purchase. After all, that church is open 24/7. All you have to do to become a member is hold your wallet in one hand, and your credit card in the other, and repeat three times, "I have found the magic bullet! I Believe!"

If they or their butt dyno say that their car is faster, makes more horsepower, has more torque, gets better gas mileage, and looks better parked, who are we----mere mortals, the great unwashed, the unworthy, to question their claims?

Their claims would be undeniable if they had as the official butt dyno, none other than Kim Kardashian. That would undisputable proof right there, as she does have quite a 'dyno'. However, that is very expensive dyno time.

One last warning, don't upset the true believers, ok?

These guys are going to be upset enough when they find out the truth about the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Santa Claus. Let them fantasize about their cars.

I for one believe every one of their claims.

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

Throckmorton wrote:LinkNuc:

"THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT NUMBERS! All i hear is "feel" and "butt dyno" and "pulls harder". I don;t want dynolicious for storm or iphone either. I call BS until I see an actual dyno with a M/T"

Sentienbydesign:

"3 bills20% success rateQuestionable testsDebatable performance... Sounds awesome! Where do I buy one?"

By careful here. Some of these Placebo Effecters will be upset with you because of your negative vibes. Some might even call you bad names.

It is not proper to question the highly scientific methods that disciples of The Church of The Magic Bullet use to publicize the results of their latest purchase. After all, that church is open 24/7. All you have to do to become a member is hold your wallet in one hand, and your credit card in the other, and repeat three times, "I have found the magic bullet! I Believe!"

If they or their butt dyno say that their car is faster, makes more horsepower, has more torque, gets better gas mileage, and looks better parked, who are we----mere mortals, the great unwashed, the unworthy, to question their claims?

Their claims would be undeniable if they had as the official butt dyno, none other than Kim Kardashian. That would undisputable proof right there, as she does have quite a 'dyno'. However, that is very expensive dyno time.

One last warning, don't upset the true believers, ok?

These guys are going to be upset enough when they find out the truth about the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Santa Claus. Let them fantasize about their cars.

I for one believe every one of their claims.
Well color me brainwashed.

You'll see.. Yoooouuu'lll seeee. The end (of the doubters) is near! Soon, the chosen one (or anyone with a 6MT) shall come and show the world the true way to more power from Bullydog

Till then, could I interest you in this here Gatorade??

Sentientbydesign
96 I30 - Sold

nurseryboy wrote:Well color me brainwashed.

You'll see.. Yoooouuu'lll seeee. The end (of the doubters) is near! Soon, the chosen one (or anyone with a 6MT) shall come and show the world the true way to more power from Bullydog

Till then, could I interest you in this here Gatorade??
I wish this would work on my G. I would GLADLY test a before an after, but with BD's wonderful product, I'd probably end up getting Altima numbers on the after dyno

Services
Car: Altima Coupe 2.5

So anyword on this performance chip? As in 2.5rs? Is it worth it in other words?!

adidas2go
Car: Cycle through all kinds of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats 🤙
Once upon a time: 1st turbo Altima Coupe

Sentientbydesign wrote:
I wish this would work on my G. I would GLADLY test a before an after, but with BD's wonderful product, I'd probably end up getting Altima numbers on the after dyno
Yea? Maybe a grounding kit would bring your numbers back up? Not.

Douchebag.

Sentientbydesign
96 I30 - Sold

adidas2go wrote:
Yea? Maybe a grounding kit would bring your numbers back up? Not.

Douchebag.
Ouch. I didn't mean it in a bad way, but it would make sense if the 3.5 Altimas have detuned versions of the same engine.

So far I'm seeing a bunch of people having SEVERE issues with their BD products. Good thing most of them are hopeful.

Throckmorton

Something seems strange here. Fishy in fact.

BullyDog or any speciality manufacture for that matter, makes a product that claims to be vehicle specific, i.e., works on the 2.5 and 3.5 Altima.

People sense that this product is for them, and part with their hard earned money.

When ordering the product, BullyDog is told by the purchaser WHAT CAR, WHAT ENGINE, WHAT YEAR CAR the purchaser has.

Sometime later, the product arrives.

A short time later, the product is installed.

And then, frustration sets in as the PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK.

Purchaser spends countless hours on the phone with the 'Customer Service Department", attempting to "upgrade or update" the product, or has to download an update from his computer.

How can this be? Are the people purchasing this product acting as the R + D department for BullyDog??????

It sure seems this way to me. Look at how many people on this very thread have had problems getting the product to works as advertised.

Why doesn't BullyDog 'update' the product before shipping to the purchaser?

I think that the theory is a good, but for now the product is not worth the risk.

I'll wait before spending my money.

mcheddadi
Car: R8

ughh

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

adidas2go wrote:Douchebag.
Thank god, im sick of all these clowns.

No wonder surman doesnt post/come on here.

LinkNuc

I love it! Throck you are my hero! It may work it may not, but we have ZERO and I mean ZERO none what so ever proof of anything. If it indeed adds 20 hp hell yeah, but I am thinking not.

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

The GT tuner was just on spike tv - trucks.

Stock - 224 hpboost stock - 230boost prem - 236

12 hp gain "that aint bad"

chevy silverado - thats all i got

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Gas milage -1 gallon

1. stock - 18.2 miles (sorry missed the time)2. 87 tune - 18.4 miles 20 mins 10 seconds3. 87 tune/driving coach - 21.1 miles 29 mins 47 seconds

same route, same style, til miss fire

(more traffic and redlights on second run)

Throckmorton

dldjros69 wrote:The GT tuner was just on spike tv - trucks.

Stock - 224 hpboost stock - 230boost prem - 236

12 hp gain "that aint bad"

chevy silverado - thats all i got
Here is the link to Spike TV Trucks where the Bully Dog was tested.

http://www.spike.com/full-epis...32339

You have to watch it a few minutes befoe it gets to the BD part.

Since "Enquiring Minds" want to know, here are my observations and comments.

1. I noticed that this Chevy truck BD unit was a 'plug and play' installation, I did not see if the guys had to call BD for updates, or wait weeks to get it operating properly. I assume that they did not have any problems getting it to work as advertised.

2. Horsepower gain was 12hp, going from regular gas to premium gas. I think this is an important point, as there is more room as such to manipulate the stock systems with this state of tune.

My opinion is not based on fact, or dyno testing, so take it with a grain of salt, or an Alka Seltzer tablet.

I think this BD type of tuner will show better, more powerful results with the 2.5, as it is tuned to run on regular gas from the factory.

The 3.5 is designed for premiun gas, so I think there is not as much 'room' for the BD to boost the performance without spark knock, and having the spark knock sensor retard the timing.

Of course, I could be 100% wrong, much as I was when I chose the woman that would become my first wife. Now she is known as my ex-wife.We are both much happier.

The Bully Dog does have nice features, and I think if and when they get the bugs worked out, it may make a nice addition to someones car.

Just not right now....

mcheddadi
Car: R8

LinkNuc

Someone needs to chime in here on the difficulty of our ECU's, We've dealt with it since the 350Z its brutal to wring out those numbers and have it be a universal fit. If they are getting 12 outta a Silverado, I'd be willing to bet less than 5 outta out our guys, especially the 2.5 ers.

I am expecting the timing advance to be the most significant, it did help out my Z and Titan stop blowing so much carbon even after mulitiple ECU resets.

Nissan ECU's are a beotch.

Bottom line sometimes i felt like it worked, but the only thing that really benefitted was the cleanliness of my Borla exhausts (I had Cat-backs on both, they sounded great maybe added a few extra HP, but I loved em', but I am a realist, butt dyno is proportional to money spent, from person experience)

grv575

I'm surprised the unit doesn't seem to modify the A/F ratios (at least at idle / low load). With both tunes and stock, the A/F likes to settle back to 12.5 steady state which is still rich. I would think they could have gone to 14.0 at least to get easy gains.

LinkNuc

Its BullyShiat, that's what it is

Return to “Altima General Discussions”